• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Updates to Photoshop CS6

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything to install updates that I can think of, but still have had no success.  The option to check for updates in Photoshop 6 is grayed out(I am running Windows 7 on a relatively new machine).  I tried downloading the update and installing manually via the AdobePatchInstaller, but it fails also and I get the window which is shown below.  I have tried reinstalling Photoshop CS6.  That doesn't work either.  I have turned off the virus checker(McAfee).  I am the only user on this machine(full administrator privileges) and have no trouble with the Lightroom installations or any other updates from other programs.  It seems to be something with the Adobe Application Manager and CS6.  What could cause the update to be grayed out in the help menu of CS6 ??  It seems someone at Adobe would know.  I would greatly appreciate any help in remedying this as I am getting a new camera and at the least would like to be able to upgrade camera raw, but the updates to CS6 would be nice too.  Any thoughts on other things that I can try .. 

Capture.JPG

Cordially,

Mike Culver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

That should solve the problem unless your network is not connenting to the Adobe Update server.

Please read the tech note and follow the instruction, this should help

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Make sure no Adobe application should be  open when following these steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you delete the below files from your computer and then check.

C:\Program files\common files\adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0\AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat

These are the files which are being created/ used by the Administrators to disable the Auto-update for Adobe Applications.

Note :- The first file is the Adobe Application Manager Preference file which will be re-created, next time when you will update the Adobe Softwares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Manish-Sharma ..  First thank you for the reply.  I deleted the AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat file as instructed.  The AdobeAdminPrefs.dat file does not exist on my computer.  I searched the entire C drive and looked in the location you specified.  The update option in the Help menu of CS6 is still grayed out so the problem still exists.  I have actually thought about deleting all of my Adobe apps and starting from scratch, but that is extreme.  I use lightroom 4, an old version of audition, premiere elements, flash, reader,... think that's it.  Lightroom updates fine by it's method.  Photoshop and Lightroom are the applications I use most and, as mentioned, I am getting a new camera.  I can't even update Camera Raw.  Any help or advice you can give me would definitely be appreciated.  Thanks again for the response.

Cordially,

Mike Culver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should solve the problem unless your network is not connenting to the Adobe Update server.

Please read the tech note and follow the instruction, this should help

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Make sure no Adobe application should be  open when following these steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou, Manish-Sharma.  I got it to work with your first solution.  My problem the first time around was looking for the AdobeUpdatePrefs.dat file in the C:\Progam Files instead of C:\program files (x86) and a search by windows of the C drive didn't find it.  Who knows why..  Anyway, the update is no longer grayed out and I was able successfully update photoshop.  Before going back to your solution, I was online with chat help.  I tried creating a new administrator & that didn't work.  I used the clean tool and re-installed and that did not work.  I came back to your solution and finally looked in the C:\program files(x86) ... found the dat file, deleted it and I'm good to go.  thank you, very much!!!  You don't know how much this has been bugging me the past couple of months.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me on Mac OSX 10.8.  I tried both, but so far same problem as above.  Seems to happen everytime I try to update CS6 Applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did anyone get a solution for greyed out "help updates" for MAC CS6 photoshop?  Is this due to having bought OEM software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2013 Dec 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no such files in my case for the first one  ( hidden files are uncheck to be viewed ) still have no luck to update into 13.0.3 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cornelius_3 and Kgiunngiap this discussion thread is over a year old.  I would recommend that you start a new discussion with the specific errors which you are experiencing.  Please also see Troubleshoot install issues with log files | CC - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc.html for information on how to review your installation logs to determine the error which is causing your update to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing those files helped to un grey the update tab. Success!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines