Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended version

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
Many years ago I purchased the Adobe PhotoShop CS6 extended version.

I have the oryginal CD, product numer and the product key.

How do I install it on the laptop without the CD reader?

Customer servie informed me that my version is not supported any more. I understand I will not receive any updated to the program but I would like to install it in the version I paid for.

Thanks,

Agata

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

What version of MAC OS is on your system, Mojave was the last version you could run CS6 on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ged_Traynor I followed all the steps from the website but still can see this error message when trying to start the instalation process. Can you please help me?

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 16.44.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of MAC OS is on your system, Mojave was the last version you could run CS6 on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Currently, I'm on MacOS Ventura.
Is there a way to still instal it? 
I paid a lot of money for it back in a day, and I don't want to buy a new one only because I upgraded my device. 

Thank you,

Agata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

The installer is not compatible with MacOS Ventura

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can downgrade your OS and don't upgrade it. 

Get a cheap external CD/DVD player.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to still instal it? 

By @Agata299078986ujd

One possibility is to run an older macOS on a virtual machine. See this article from MacWorld:

https://www.macworld.com/article/673171/how-to-install-older-versions-of-macos-or-os-x.html

Read all of it, but note the final paragraphs:

"Also bear in mind, as we mentioned earlier, Macs cannot boot into an OS X version older than the one they shipped with when new, even if it’s on a virtual machine. If you want to run older versions of OS X on your Mac, you need to get an older Mac that can run them.

"There are a number of software packages that make it possible to run multiple versions of the Mac OS (and even Windows) on your Mac. These include Parallels, VMware Fusion, Virtual Box. Find out which is best by reading: Best VM for Mac: Parallels, VMware, VirtualBox compared."

Since you just bought a new Mac, you should still have Apple Care. Work with them if you decide to proceed.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting with macOS Catalina 10.15, Apple depreciated 32 bit apps, so even though photoshop cs6 itself is 64 bit, included utilities such as the installer and updater are 32 bit.

Unfortunately, it not as easy as installing an older macOS to run older 32 bit apps, since the majority of Macs can't be downgraded to an operating system older than what they shipped with.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it mean that, at this point, my only option to use PhotoShop on my laptop is to pay for it again? But I can't purchase a 'hard' copy. I have to subscribe and pay forever every month.

Thank you,

Agata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not "forever", just until you or your heirs cancel. I believe the photoshop plan is about $10 per month. 

You could look at Photoshop Elements, Affinity software, or the open-source GIMP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, so as long as I want to use it, I have to pay for it even if I already paid over £500 for a hard copy couple of years ago. I'm finding it slightly unfair. 
I totally understand that Adobe stopped to support this program, and I'm not asking for any updates or upgrades. I want to use the program I paid full price for and own the serial number and key to authenticate this program on my devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 came out about 11 years ago. As long as you don't upgrade your computer, you don't have to upgrade your software. If you upgrade your OS, all bets are off--especially with the Mac OS. 

You can get cheap external cd/dvd drive on amazon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, so as long as I want to use it, I have to pay for it even if I already paid over £500 for a hard copy couple of years ago. I'm finding it slightly unfair. 

By @Agata299078986ujd

Some folks have been successful with installing their Windows version of Photoshop CS6 on Windows 10, but not on current versions of macOS. Mac changed their OS and does not allow the installation. They have done this to us 4 or 5 times now. 

Your choices are:

• Install CS6 on hardware and a macOS that supports it
  • Subscribe to current versions of PS. Most plans have an annual commitment; the Photography plan is payable at $9.99 monthly
  • Look for an alternative application. Adobe Photoshop Elements has a 30-day trial. We are not allowed to mention alternatives on the Adobe forums, but you can find them by searching.

As volunteers, we can sympathize, but we can't change decisions made by Apple.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally understand that Adobe stopped to support this program, and I'm not asking for any updates or upgrades. I want to use the program I paid full price for and own the serial number and key to authenticate this program on my devices.

By @Agata299078986ujd

If this were an earlier version of CS that Adobe no longer activate, then I'd completely agree with you. But CS6 can still be installed and activated (at least until Adobe decide to nuke the servers, which one day they will) on compatible hardware running a compatible OS. Your current issue is really with Apple, who have not made their recent systems backward-compatible with older software. It's easier on PCs, where anything that can still be activated will still run, even on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else to consider. If Adobe does not provide a replacement CS6, they will turn off the CS6 validation servers sometime in the near future. Like CS-CS4 you will not be able to install it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines