Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J-Link with MIMXRT1015CAF4A

Jump to solution
ergingursoy
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a custom board using iMXRT1015 where IS25LP040E NOR Flash on it. I want to program my board with SEGGER J-Link Plus but i am getting an error "Failed to prepare RAMCode using RAM"

The interesting thing is i can program my board with J-Link after i program my board with PE Micro Multilink FX programmer firstly by using MCUXpresso IDE 11.5.1. I can debug and program with J-Link after that until I erase entire flash. If I erase flash then i can not program it again.

Could you please let me know what is wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Can the board boot up successfully after being programmed by either PE Micro or Jlink?
Then, you can refer to the post to set a suitable flash algorithm for the Jlink with the MCUXpresso IDE.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ergingursoy
Contributor I

Hi,

My board boots up successfuly and run my code for both debugger. My problem is that i am not able to download my application firmware into external nor flash very first time with J-Link Plus. However, I can debug and download my application into flash after downloading firmware by PE Micro.

I used the J-Link flash algorithm files of the blog. I can program my firmware now. There is a minor problem erasing flash but I am able to program my application successfuly.

Thank you for your leading.

Regards

0 Kudos
ergingursoy
Contributor I

Hi,

The FlexSPI connection is just like RT1015-EVK board. In fact, I am sure that the main problem is not the FlexSPI line since I can program my board with PE Micro debugger and also read user data from external nor flash at the beginning of my software. On the other hand, I can program my board with J-Link just after programmed by PE Micro and then I can update my code with J-Link.

At first I used PE Micro debugger for programming and I requested '.arp' flash algorithm file from PE Micro then I was able to program with PE Micro. I guess the same issue is valid for J-Link but I could not figure it out.

I believe the MCUBootUtility does not suits my board since LPUART1 is used as half-duplex RS485.

Programmer: Segger J-Link Plus

I have attached some file to show failure.after erase flash, not reset power of board, then try to program.PNGafter erase flash, reset power of board, then try to program failure.PNGempty flash, try to erase failure.PNGif flash programmed by PE Micro, erase operation by J-Link.PNGj-flash connect.PNGj-flash open project.PNG

Software Tool: J-Flash v7.66b

MCUXpresso IDE: v11.5

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Can the board boot up successfully after being programmed by either PE Micro or Jlink?
Then, you can refer to the post to set a suitable flash algorithm for the Jlink with the MCUXpresso IDE.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I think I need more information prior to coming to some conclusions, so I was wondering if you can introduce the testing environment, for instance, the schematic of the board, etc.
Further, I'd like to suggest you use the
NXP-MCUBootUtility tool to contact the board to verify the FlexSPI connection.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos