Honored Contributor

Michael Vollbracht has passed away....

[ Edited ]

Michael Vollbracht’ has passed away. he used to be a designer on hsn for a while.  he worked for bill blass and geoffrey beene and major upscale department stores. LOVED his artwork and unique designs and he was great at using wonderful fabrics and brilliant colors. i still have all of my "very vollbracht" items. anyone else remember him or have his items?

http://wwd.com/eye/people/fashion-designer-illustrator-michael-vollbracht-dies-1202698134/

vv.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Michael Vollbracht has passed away....

@sunshine45  I do not remember him. I am surprised actually as I have watched HSN for many many years.

Honored Contributor

he was on for about two years......around the same time that they had loulou de la falaise, larry levine, carlos falchi, barr and barr..... 2010-2012 maybe?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

He had some the most beautiful prints on his silk scarves. His fashions were heavily influenced by Asian design. rip

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

He had some the most beautiful prints on his silk scarves. His fashions were heavily influenced by Asian design. rip

@SilleeMee

he did beautiful HUGE silk scarves.

he also had items that were reversible......some of the kimono toppers and cocoon toppers i have.

most items were very modern looking.

Valued Contributor

He was a very high end designer about 40 years ago. I bought one of his bathing suits; it was spectacular! Very colorful and geometric.  He was wonderful on HSN......

Honored Contributor

As I recall @sunshine45, his beautiful toppers from HSN were sewn with applique technique and very colorful. They are timeless.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I do remember him.  Wasn't on HSN too long.  Beautiful items but a bit beyond my price point.

I googled him and on wwd.com there is a very interesting article about him.  He was only 70 years old.

Honored Contributor

I remember him. I own one of his reversible tops and the huge scarf that matches. He and his line just disappeared. Never knew what happened.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

Oh my, that's so sad to hear of his passing.  He was so talented and a joy to watch when he was on HSN.  I could listen to his stories for hours and always looked for his shows.

RIP Michael Vollbracht.Heart