Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion regarding SE35-Dialog Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

So far,I become more familiar with dialog programming compared with past.But recently I encounter a new concept(also may be obsolete,I don't know),that is dialog Module,maintained in t-code SE24. I was confused, as you know,we can create a program with the type 'M' and create a serial of screens,afterwards,assign a tcode and run it. But referring to dialog module,it can be invoked with the key words 'CALL DIALOG' . So my question comes out,does the dialog module have any relation to previous dialog programming,or independent of each other? TKS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tcode for creation of dialog modules- se35

Dialog modules were the predecessors of function modules. They are now obsolete, and you should no longer create new ones.

The components are

administration

Interface

Initial screen

Source code

Documentation

Dialog modules are objects that, like transaction codes, are linked to a screen sequence in an ABAP program by means of an initial screen. When you call a dialog module, the system calls the corresponding ABAP program and the initial screen of the dialog module.

You call dialog modules using the CALL DIALOG statement:

CALL DIALOG dialog

[AND SKIP FIRST SCREEN]

[EXPORTING f1 FROM a1 ... fn FROM an]

[IMPORTING f1 TO a1 ... fn TO an]

[USING itab].

For more details check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9f/db9db635c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

Reward if useful.

Regards,

Swetha

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tcode for creation of dialog modules- se35

Dialog modules were the predecessors of function modules. They are now obsolete, and you should no longer create new ones.

The components are

administration

Interface

Initial screen

Source code

Documentation

Dialog modules are objects that, like transaction codes, are linked to a screen sequence in an ABAP program by means of an initial screen. When you call a dialog module, the system calls the corresponding ABAP program and the initial screen of the dialog module.

You call dialog modules using the CALL DIALOG statement:

CALL DIALOG dialog

[AND SKIP FIRST SCREEN]

[EXPORTING f1 FROM a1 ... fn FROM an]

[IMPORTING f1 TO a1 ... fn TO an]

[USING itab].

For more details check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9f/db9db635c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

Reward if useful.

Regards,

Swetha

0 Kudos

Thaks very much for detailed and useful information,which truly help me a lot.