Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field SY-SUBRC is unknown

former_member582508
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to copy a code to convert a barcode into a QR code from one of the scn blogs. However, I am getting the error that sy-subrc is unknown inside the "Program lines" section in the smartform. I dont understand why the system is not recognizing the system variable sy-subrc.

Can anyone please help me how to fix it ?

Regards,

Manish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

You probably pasted code from a web site, and the minus sign of SY-SUBRC is not the real minus sign. Just retype it.

5 REPLIES 5

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post the full code of BARCODE MERGE.

Use the code button of the editor.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

You should try to use SFSY in place of SY in your Smartforms, you should also perform some search in online help for System Fields Smart Forms before posting.

Could you paste the whole code of the Abap line node using options of the forum (create a code box and paste code in plain text using contextual menu)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

You probably pasted code from a web site, and the minus sign of SY-SUBRC is not the real minus sign. Just retype it.

Or 2 minus signs... waiting for OP to paste actual code in text mode, or to close the question.

0 Kudos

Bull's eye Sandra ! 🙂

Thanks, very careless of me though.