Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME12 Change log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please let me know how to add change log in ME12 (Change Info record) when there is an new validity period is added in condition Tab.

Currently we only get a log indicating the validity period is changed.But we require the change log to indicate pricing changes as well from previous validity period .

7 REPLIES 7

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Conditions are a different change object than info records.

If you want see changes in conditions then double click a period of a condition and in the next screen choose again  from menu Environment > changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response!!

I am able to see the change log .My issue is while creating the particular validity period I am getting only the message that "A new validity period is created" .But my requirement is to display the pricing condition from the previous validity period.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you add a new validity period, then you do not change. The old value is still in the old validity period and there is no need to capture this old value in a change record from a creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand the point .. Is there a way to capture the old values to be displayed in the new validity period ?

Any enhancement options available for the same ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would you need that?

When a new price is negotiated then it was either by telephone and the user is entering the data directly of noting it on a paper and enters it later in the system, or the vendor sends a quotation.

Why would you want to confuse the entry by defaulting old data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My original requirement was to update the change log when an Z program runs to update the pricing conditions via BDC..Since the pricing changes log were not updated for new validity period ,we need an enhancement to update so that the changes are logged through any updates mode (either manually or through BDC )

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But again, this would just be redundant information, the old price is still there with the old period, and in case you really update a price then you have a change log. There is no difference with a BDC.