Corrs news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think not. It's funny, but in that shot it looks like a tall modern building to the right of Sharon with skyscrapers all around:
Billboard%20The%20Corrs%20Aug%2026%202000.png~original

Now compare it with an alternate shot:
corrs_the_1_500-500x394.jpg

We can now see that the "modern building" is actually a ground-level wooden fence and the indistinct "skyscrapers" now look a lot less imposing!

Harry

That's so funny, I could have sworn that looked like a tall building in New York and now it looks like that photo session was shot on a street in Dublin or something. Ha I love that photo of them and the alternate one too.

Yes, I had heard the sad news about Gerry.

On a happier note, while picking up a few items in the local Winn-Dixie supermarket, I heard the familiar strains of the opening of "Old Town" by The Corrs. It turned out to be the studio version from the HOME album. Ordinarily I'm very much a sucker for studio recordings and will eschew live recordings, but nothing - nothing - can top the perfect rendition of "Old Town" from UNPLUGGED.

With the orchestra in house and performing live, it may as well have been a "studio" recording.

Harry

Like that article says, it is puzzling to me that the Corrs didn't get the air play or recognition on American radio stations. I never heard of them until 2013, but I wish I had. I would have followed their music all along.

The above article made me pull out my CD Single of Would You Be Happier? It appears I do not have the radio version of this song as mentioned in the article above. The inside liner notes for my CD Single (which still has the sticker made in Australia) says I have the album version and an alternative mix 3:33 running time. The liner notes for the alternative mix says it was engineered and mixed by Adam Brown. There is no mention of Mitchell Froom. So was there another CD single with a radio remix? I remember it was hard to keep up with The Corrs releases across different countries. It's possible track #1 on my CD single is the radio remix because it is different than the live version from Live in Dublin however Mitchell Froom is not listed as credit for track #1 on my CD single either. Harry, can you confirm.
Here is my CD single cover.
The%20Corrs%20Would%20You%20Be%20Happier%20CD%20Single.jpg~original

Hi Chris,

The "radio version" of "Would You Be Happier?" was released on a promo single sent to radio stations and is essentially the live version from the LIVE IN DUBLIN album. The difference is that the LIVE IN DUBLIN album version goes to audience applause and then quickly into the next track, "Breathless". This promotional single version seems to have a clean ending without the audience noise.

The cover of the promotional disc is almost identical to the LIVE IN DUBLIN album. The difference is that there's no VH-1 logo and no album title under the words "the Corrs". The white stripe on the album's right side is pink on the single, and the pink sticker that appeared on the album is replaced by a white sticker on the promo single.

The disc is a standard Atlantic promo disc and the back insert is the standard Atlantic promo disc style. Catalog number is PRCD 300790, and the second track on the disc is the studio version of the song.

How well I remember that yellow-covered single. It was the first of FOUR singles I have for "Would You Be Happier?". Another version is a purple-covered version (AT0115CDX 7567-85188-2 with the single, the alternative mix, "The Long And Winding Road", and the enhanced-CD video of "Would You Be Happier?" Then there was the Sun Sampler (WSMSPCD001) given out with the Sun newspaper in the UK. That one has "So Young", a video of "So Young" and an "Interview With The Corrs".

Harry

Are any of you guys knowledgeable on Adult Contemporary male singers around the year 2000? Ive been wracking my brain trying to remember this singer's name and/or songs. I think I found him back then on YouTube while listening to Michael Buble. (Since that time I suffered a bad virus that caused some swiss cheese in my cognitive skills.) I have searched Google and YouTube every which way trying to find this singer over the years. One of his songs I'm remembering has a part about another restless night in the city. He has a style like Buble and Connick.

Maybe this is why I don't remember the Corrs!

That was beautiful, thanks for posting the link I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. I didn't know The Corrs also had a brother that passes away.
I hope they get together again for one last Corrs album as a group. This all reminds me of the touching song, Goodbye in memory of their mother Jean. I loved that song so much, I have the Demo version, the album version, acoustic version, the 2006 remix version. I love them all.

That was beautiful, thanks for posting the link I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. I didn't know The Corrs also had a brother that passes away.
I hope they get together again for one last Corrs album as a group. This all reminds me of the touching song, Goodbye in memory of their mother Jean. I loved that song so much, I have the Demo version, the album version, acoustic version, the 2006 remix version. I love them all.
I think the brother who died was between Jim and Sharon and died in childhood in a car accident. Caroline once mentioned an Irish song about two little boys that made her think of "Jimmy and Gerry".

Lots of buzz over at The Corrs Club forum about several news reports in Ireland saying that The Corrs are planning to reunite as a band. No one knows whether to believe it though as it's hearsay from "an inside source" who is unnamed.

I anticipated this news when I heard that they played together at their father's services.

Harry

Well, I think it's kind of a natural thing. The four of them split apart essentially to get on with their own lives, raise kids, and enjoy life. In the back of their minds HAD to be a someday reunion with their siblings, and with the passing of Gerry, that reunion was brought about. Playing "The Minstrel Boy" at Gerry's services had to be a really emotional time for the four of them, and with him now gone, they are naturally feeling more drawn to each other as the remaining family.

I think that would naturally lead to them wanting to arrange to do something together in the form of new music. Whether or not Sharon has a stockpile of songs all ready to go remains to be seen, but I can certainly see them wanting to maybe try to capture the magic again.

Harry

I agree Harry....and a tribute song for Gerry would be most fitting on a reunion CD. It may not happen right away but maybe something before year's end. It could be a healing process for them all to record together again and share that with the fans who still adore their music.

Please post any details here if any occur.

Ah yes, the US "Special Edition" of TALK ON CORNERS. The first Corrs album I ever bought and listened to. But once I discovered the original mixes on both FORGIVEN, NOT FORGOTTEN and the original TALK ON CORNERS, I hardly ever listened to the remixes on the Special Edition. But today I pulled it out and am enjoying the different twist on these recordings. I haven't heard some of these in quite a few years.

Harry

I really like the remixes on Talk On Corners, it gives a fresh take on some of their songs, I really like the remixes of "So Young" (K-Klass Remix)and What Can I Do (Tin Tin Out Remix) and Runaway (Tin Tin Out Remix). This ad also prompted me to pull out my remix CD and I've been enjoying these all over again. Their harmonies, brother and sister remind me so much of Carpenters both making great music....with yet another connection to Carpenters....a bonus track from Japan, "What I Know" written by Siedah Garrett who also guested vocals on Carpenters Lovelines track "Kiss Me The Way You Did Last Night". We come full circle. The other bonus track, "Remember" is one of my favorites, I can't believe this was not included as a regular track on TOC. (guess there were too many good tracks)

Speaking of "What I Know" does anyone know what the backing vocals are saying towards the end at about 2:20 when Andrea keeps repeating, Know What I Know then the backing vocals come in but what are they saying? It sounds like something Mine then next verse something Wine, I can't make it out but I like it.

Last edited:
Speaking of "What I Know" does anyone know what the backing vocals are saying towards the end at about 2:20 when Andrea keeps repeating, Know What I Know then the backing vocals come in but what are they saying? It sounds like something Mine then next verse something Wine, I can't make it out but I like it.
I used Audacity to remove the lead vocal from that section of the song, and then I could hear the backing vocals clearly...

If I could show you my mind,
We wouldn't have to rewind.

I didn't think to put that through Audacity, thanks Murray....I believe your right just listened again and it does sound exactly like that...I love how the first verse "If I could show you my mind" comes in on the left side and the second one comes over on the right side with headphones on it's pretty cool.

I've never seen this promo ad before...for a second I had to find which one was Andrea....
notice the ad says (excluding the USA) regarding sales, I could never understand why they didn't take off in the USA.

Billboard%20The%20Corrs%20International%20Sales%20Sept%2019%201998.png~original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom