Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 20:46
You can find that info here.http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc?www=v1

Now there's a map I can live with!
I'll even help adding to my area of it as I travel a lot for a living and do a LOT of flying
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-12 04:00
Now there's a map I can live with!
I'll even help adding to my area of it as I travel a lot for a  ...

And here if you download the 1.7 Beta firmware.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
2016-1-11
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Time to move, choices are few....Russia, Canada and the Northwest Territories, Mexico, Greenland and Africa...Edit..Central Australia looks pretty good to...
NFZ.JPG
2016-1-11
Use props
anthony.wallace
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198776 ft
United Kingdom

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-11 20:32
Time to move, choices are few....Russia, Canada and the Northwest Territories, Mexico, Greenland and ...

thanks but need detailed map of uk
2016-1-11
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

anthony.wallace Posted at 2016-1-11 15:46
thanks but need detailed map of uk

The first map DJI Ken linked to - scroll to your area.
2016-1-11
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 14:46

I am curious about that map.  The other day it had one of the three airports in my area marked as a no fly, but not the other two.  I reported it via email with details, got a reply that it was being corrected.  Today I look at the map, and they corrected it allright - now NONE of the airports in my area are marked as no fly zones.  If you cannot even keep this map correct, how is DJI going to keep the Geofence map accurate?
2016-1-11
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

1.7 Beta

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 21:16
And here if you download the 1.7 Beta firmware.

Yea I'll do that as well once I can get the Support Saga sorted or can afford a new drone
Support_Soup_2015-11-23.jpg

Untill then I'll spend a few nights researching and reporting based on the files and knowledge I allready have.
2016-1-11
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

nrgwise Posted at 2016-1-11 20:54
I am curious about that map.  The other day it had one of the three airports in my area marked as  ...

There are no restricted zones in the UK now...are there problems already?
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-12 05:53
There are no restricted zones in the UK now...are there problems already?

No, you are now free to fly over airports, you just have to have them unlocked and you have a 24hr window to fly. Be cautious
2016-1-11
Use props
Higher Resoluti
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 22:19
No, you are now free to fly over airports, you just have to have them unlocked and you have a 24hr ...

Hi DJI Ken just a few quick questions if you would kindly respond.

So each Yellow authorisation zone is unlocked for 24 hours - But you can que up as many as 30 advanced unlocks on a rolling basis which last 3 days instead of the 24h version.

There is no limit on the amount of unlocks of these yellow zones - We don't get a certain allocation to use just as long as we have gone through either unlock process we can fly?

Love flying my Phantom - Best thing I have ever bought just want to be able to use it responsibly

Thank You,

Murray
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Higher Resoluti Posted at 2016-1-12 06:33
Hi DJI Ken just a few quick questions if you would kindly respond.

So each Yellow authorisation z ...

Yes, that's how I understand it. I just upgraded one one the P3 Adv's that here and a tablet so I really haven't gotten a chance to play with it too much yet.
it' says you can always downgrade if you don't like it.
I don't know why everybody doesn't download it. It pretty much lifts the restrictions on most everything except now they know who's flying into those ares in case there's an incident.
I see no reason why not to update to it.
2016-1-11
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-12 06:48
Ken- I think the answer is obvious. If you have to "unlock" a zone every time to fly and you don't ...

I was more thinking about the people who live next to airports that are currently restricted zones. Or the commercial operators who have to email FlySafe every time that want to fly at an airport and the DJI paperwork to fill out to get that airport unlocked.
2016-1-11
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 17:53
I was more thinking about the people who live next to airports that are currently restricted zones ...

I'll stick with version 1.1.8 firmware and fly when and where ever I need. Besides it's been rock solid and haven't had any birds falling out of the air.

If I were to stay with DJI for another quad, I'd purge the installed firmware and reinstall using the developer version.

I understand the position that DJI is in, but as anyone that's been around here for a while knows there are always work arounds.
2016-1-11
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-12 07:10
Great logic "Ken". Now the other 99.999% of users are incredibly inconvenienced and have all sponta ...

I love the new version, as for the rest don't know. makes perfect sense to myself.
2016-1-11
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

will not be long before someone launches a rouge site with "cracked" firmware, much like is done with the iPhone and Cydia...
i am all for safety, i do travel on airplanes etc.. and do not want some butt head to be whizzing about as the plane is about to takeoff or land etc...but if you are as large a company as DJI, you need to better communicate with your customers, DJI have been horrid with this!
2016-1-11
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-11
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

Reports

Would something like this be helpful?
---------------------------------------------------

Geofence_Hovden_2016-01-12.jpg

62°10'46.28"N
6° 4'20.23"E
Small countryside airport approx 10 flights a day.
Suggest marked as Category B

https://goo.gl/maps/cDQBoYTdJ932

2016-1-11
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have a question about 3th party app's (like FPV Camera).
When I unlock an area - is this also the case for the 3th party app's?

2016-1-11
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

Pictures

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-12 00:35
Would something like this be helpful?
---------------------------------------------------

As I have thousands if not tens of thousands of pics from every place I've ever flown or worked I cant help myself.
Just have to post some for you forumers in case anyone likes them
Yea I know I'm a showoff

At this particular Airport I was filming the de-icing pipes and got quite a show as there were testing of two helicopters after maintanance going on!
Guessing pics like these are of no interest to the geofencing team

Hovden_Heli_2014-09-30.jpg
2016-1-11
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-11 19:00
As I have thousands if not tens of thousands of pics from every place I've ever flown or worked I  ...

That is actually quite a cool pic!  Nicely framed/cropped, balanced.  Well done.  I would have liked to take that pic.

2016-1-11
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 17:14
I love the new version, as for the rest don't know. makes perfect sense to myself.

I have blanket permission from FAA to fly within the "YELLOW Zone" of your new firmware in my back yard up to tree level does this kill it or can I unlock it?
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-12 07:24
Sure. You love it. You work for DJI. And you can't even respond to the issue where there is an inap ...

I don't think you read all the facts, no one ever said you need internet access to unlock the zones. If you don't have internet, you can upload up to 30 zones while your at home and they will be good for 3 days.
If you need access to red zones of 3 days isn't good enough all you have to do it email FlySafe@DJI.com and they can accommodate you.
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2016-1-12 09:28
I have blanket permission from FAA to fly within the "YELLOW Zone" of your new firmware in my back ...

You can unlock any yellow zone. Since your house is in a yellow zone email FlySafe@DJI.com and see if they can permanently unlock it. Don't know the rules but email them to see.
2016-1-11
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-11
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 20:38
You can unlock any yellow zone. Since your house is in a yellow zone email  and see if they can pe ...

Thanks, Ken.  I will check that out.

It is interesting that I could fly over my International Airport which is a YELLOW ZONE with authorization with new firmware and currently is a RED ZONE with older firmware.  (which I will never attempt or ask for authorization ).

I was a little confused before with all of negative posts regarding this.   I checked for RED zones in a few areas with Large Airports and they were YELLOW.  If this turns out to be true and remains that way,  Us responsible flyers will have many more opportunities to fly in areas where we were unable to before!  I just checked the infamous Washington DC area and that is a RED ZONE with a large YELLOW ZONE around it.  I see very few RED zones across the USA in my brief tour across the map.

I am intrigued, but somewhat mistrustful that things will stay that way.
2016-1-11
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2016-1-11 23:17
Thanks, Ken.  I will check that out.

It is interesting that I could fly over my International  ...

Others are reporting red zones that were previously yellow zones. It seems very  inconsistent.

I think DJI's irresponsible and incompetent approach when it comes to releasing software is already well documented, but this one seems like an Alpha version put out into the wild. They really seem like testing is too much for them to be bothered with and instead they just throw it out there and see what happens.
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-1-12 12:26
Others are reporting red zones that were previously yellow zones. It seems very  inconsistent.

I t ...

I would like to see red zones that used to be yellow zones. There's probably not many at all.
2016-1-11
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-11
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-12 06:39
The real problem is that you blanketed the freakin' civilized world in yellow zones which require  ...

I think they made a mistake when they released a map with all those huge areas causing us customers to think our DJI love affair was doomed.
Everyone makes mistakes, it's human nature.
They seem to have learned their lesson, and deleted most of it (Haven't looked at the whole world yet though..)
Starting small and then building up different zones while listening to all sides like it seems to be done right now is the only sensible way, and even then we are going to whine about it.

I thonk in the end we're all going to be ok

2016-1-12
Use props
ranges
lvl.3

United States

Would hate to live in the DC area.
2016-1-12
Use props
cdugger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 945 ft
United States

I'm a little confused which is nothing new.   I get that you can raise your electronic hand and say that you want permission to fly in a "yellow" zone and the system will allow it, but if I look at "knowbeforeyoufly", it says I need to call the local airport that is at the center of that zone (I am at least 4 miles away from a municipal airport in Louisville, KY) and tell them you are going to fly.  I called them and they said yes, you are expected to do that.  I told them I was just investigating and would honor the 400 foot ceiling, and did not ask if they ever refused permission, but........  do any of you actually do that?

Chris
2016-1-12
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-11 13:43
Hello Anthony: Well, with DJI's latest update, here is a picture of no fly zones in the UK.

jaja nice joke ,  unfortunately thats what we are going to get in a few years ,  and in order to fly they are going to ask for lots of taxes licence and stuff like that
2016-1-12
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-12
Use props
rcdad2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-12 03:46

I can live with that. But that is for the phantom 2.
This is what people are seeing for the 3
They are reporting that they can not unlock zones. The video you linked to shows that you will limited in altitude within the zones until you are 1 mile out. People are reporting that it will not start at all. The maps posted for the new geofencing are seriously flawed. Category b air ports are showing up as category a
2016-1-12
Use props
Desertdude
lvl.2

United States

DJI Ken, I would like to use the new firmware but it seems to be just for android. I use iOS. I tried to get an iOS version but no one gave me a link. Can you help?
2016-1-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules