Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg0000 (9WF74AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've done all the steps I could find and nothing seems to be working. I don't understand why they made this so hard on people, why can't HP make a tool to clean install your NVMe M.2 SSD. If they put these new SSD's into a system they might as well sort this stuff out better, in BIOS the driver is showing up (I'll add pictures) but again no drivers found even thought I downloaded them, added them to my media tool for installation. No dice again, please help and yes my CPU is 11 gen.422107849_1069224534326943_3428461350928349442_n.jpg424610851_1069224544326942_1995853746861695187_n.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Den_Dave,

The problem is not with the M.2 SSD but with your Intel Core 11th gen processor which requires the Windows installation setup to have Intel RST drivers to detect the storage drive to install Windows on.

See this post below. The author faced the same issue but was able to install Win10 by adding specific Intel RST driver files to the Windows installation usb drive.

Solved: Re: no drive found - HP Support Community - 8981346

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Den_Dave,

The problem is not with the M.2 SSD but with your Intel Core 11th gen processor which requires the Windows installation setup to have Intel RST drivers to detect the storage drive to install Windows on.

See this post below. The author faced the same issue but was able to install Win10 by adding specific Intel RST driver files to the Windows installation usb drive.

Solved: Re: no drive found - HP Support Community - 8981346

HP Recommended

I can't believe this is way I failed to get it done on my own... I never added the drivers to the root folder... I just copied it to the USB drive without knowing this had to be adding in a specific folder... I'll try this when I get home and let's hope that it'll be sorted by doing this one thing I failed to do. Thank you so much. I'll update this as soon as I can with good news I hope. 

HP Recommended

You are welcome.

As described in my post, the setup needs only five driver files to detect the storage drive. You can actually place the F6 folder or the five files anywhere on the usb drive (it doesn't have to be in the root folder of the drive) as long as you show the setup the correct folder directory path. I chose to copy the F6 folder to the root directory of the usb drive because it's easy to navigate to it. 

You can check to see where the F6 or those five files are located on your usb drive, restart the Windows installation,  navigate to the correct folder directory path and finally click on Next to proceed the installation.

Hopefully you'll be able to reinstall Windows successfully.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.