Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Aero 13.3 inch Laptop PC 13-be0000 (3B3W5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I would like to increase the dedicated video memory of my HP Pavilion Aero 13. It came configured with 16GB of Total System RAM. I would like to increase the VRAM from 512MB to 4096MB, which is the recommended VRAM size for 16GB of total system RAM. I've looked up tutorials all over the internet, and both either utilise one of 2 things:

1. BIOS
  2. Regedit

The regedit things do not work, as there is a certain key that I do no have, and I cannot replicate; this BIOS instructions have an option called 'Built in Device Options' which is not on my BIOS (version F.06 Revision A, which is the latest for my device, and it says that this BIOS version was released in November 2021). How can I increase the VRAM? I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800U with AMD Radeon RX Vega 8, if that helps.

Please respond with a clear response, as quickly as possible!

Regards,

Amartyya

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Amartyya_Das 

Integrated video (iGPU) does not have room for keeping VRAM, it relies on System. System will work this out and allocate/assign spare/available system RAM to VRAM automatically when required up to max limit. System will also take VRAM back when required (the number is dynamic, not fix). During the good old days, we could do this from BIOS but now OS is smarter.

The following document shows Max shared RAM for Intel iGPU versions (I can't find a similar list from AMD).

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics-drivers.html

Note: Recently people post Youtube on internet saying they can change using Regedit. Many people try but the results are unpredictable.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Okay, 2 things to point out:

1. I have seen the exact same non-helpful response in many other posts about this
  2. I know how it works, I'm just a little confused, as to why I am not able to increase my dedicated GPU Memory from 512 MB (which is a ridiculously small number as I have 16 GB of RAM, and this number should be higher. I have seen on the internet that many others have this problem, including AMD users on other Hewlett-Packard machines, and these people have fixed it using their HP BIOS. There is a dropdown menu in BIOS version F.58, whereas the latest for my machine (Pavilion Aero 13) is version F.06 revision A, and this option is not available on my screen.

Here is what it looks like in F.58:

Amartyya_Das_0-1649408063851.pngAmartyya_Das_1-1649408087738.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.