Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Warhammer: Vermintide 2

View Stats:
This topic has been locked
Who is Dawri?
The dwarf still repeats it. Who is it?
Originally posted by RopeDrink:
Azumgi - Kruber >> Sturdy/Dependable one.
Wutelgi - Kerrilian >> Wood Elf / Stick Lady.
Grimgi - Saltzpyre >> Grim one.
Zharrin - Sienna >> Fire Lady.

Dawri I believe is a reference to the group as a whole, like brothers-in-arms.

"Grab those bandages, Dawri" - Grab those bandages, team.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
RopeDrink Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:19pm 
Azumgi - Kruber >> Sturdy/Dependable one.
Wutelgi - Kerrilian >> Wood Elf / Stick Lady.
Grimgi - Saltzpyre >> Grim one.
Zharrin - Sienna >> Fire Lady.

"Grab those bandages, Dawri" - Grab those bandages, team.
Last edited by RopeDrink; Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:23pm
YMD Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:20pm 
Azumgi - Kruber.
Wutelgi - Kerrilian.
Grimgi - Saltzpyre.

Actually wondered what is all that lingo. Dwarven language?
RopeDrink Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:21pm 
Yes, it's all WH Dwarvish.
braaap Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:21pm 
http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Khazalid

if anyone is intrested what Bardin is talking about.

and answer to OPs question

Dawr - As good as something can get without it being proven over time and hard use. Most dwarf words for ‘good’ imply age and reliability too but dawr simply means ‘looks like it might be good’. It literally translates as ‘like dwarf’.

and when you add "-i"

-i: The signifier 'i' shows that the word refers to an individual person, or a profession, or race. In general it is most easily thought of as representing the definite article 'the' or even 'that person just there'. Many personal names end with this signifier too.
Last edited by braaap; Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:23pm
kknd Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:23pm 
Yes, it's all WH Dwarvish.
It's amazing what people throw away, isn't it? (well, burn down.) They had a decent chunk of ficitonal language for crying out loud. Silly GW.:raven:
Dickie Bushman Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:25pm 
"Dawr" means "something that appears good" or "something that is as good as it can be without the proof of age," or more metaphorically "almost dwarfen." The appelation of -i onto Khazalid words is a way of making that word refer (contextually) to a person or people. When Bardin calls his companions "dawri," he's saying they're the tops. He pretty much can't apply a more complimentary term beyond maybe dwarf-friend or oathkeeper.

Bardin also uses the term "drengbarazi," which is literally "oath-bound slayers," and could be interpreted as "comrades" or "brothers-in-arms."

Re: Azumgi, this could either be Az + Umgi or Azul + Umgi. "Az" means "axe" or, more broadly, "weapon." So that form of Azumgi would be calling Kruber a warrior (by dwarfen estimation - a serious compliment) or comparing him to an axe (also a compliment). "Azul" refers to metal or tough objects generally, and another poster already interpreted this version.

Bonus: "Kazaki-dum," which Bardin uses to refer to the Norscans and especially chaos warriors, would be translated to "warrior-folk of chaos."
Last edited by Dickie Bushman; Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:29pm
RussianHamster Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:25pm 
Azumgi - Kruber.
Wutelgi - Kerrilian.
Grimgi - Saltzpyre.

Actually wondered what is all that lingo. Dwarven language?
Just a nicknames, what Bardin gives to all his mates. Dawri is something like a comrade.
And you forgot about Zarrin - Sienna.
RopeDrink Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:27pm 
And you forgot about Zarrin - Sienna.

You quoted the old/unedited one.
Last edited by RopeDrink; Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:27pm
Senpire Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:38pm 
Came here expecting troll replies. Came away with lots of information learned that I did not previously know about the dwarven words used. Nice!
Grimmrog_SIG Apr 8, 2018 @ 3:13pm 
Originally posted by ;1694917906667872247:
http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Khazalid

if anyone is intrested what Bardin is talking about.

and answer to OPs question

Dawr - As good as something can get without it being proven over time and hard use. Most dwarf words for ‘good’ imply age and reliability too but dawr simply means ‘looks like it might be good’. It literally translates as ‘like dwarf’.

and when you add "-i"

-i: The signifier 'i' shows that the word refers to an individual person, or a profession, or race. In general it is most easily thought of as representing the definite article 'the' or even 'that person just there'. Many personal names end with this signifier too.

the good old stone and steel, I keep that as a holy artifact of WH dwarfen lore. The 8th editions rulebook however, what a waste of 80€ for a limited edition :/

btw you can find it digitalised here

https://de.scribd.com/document/39650839/WFRP-1ed-Dwarfs-Stone-and-Steel

loads of cool dwarfen lore.
Last edited by Grimmrog_SIG; Apr 8, 2018 @ 3:16pm
DoctorDarling Jan 28, 2023 @ 5:41pm 
This was super interesting to read! I've been wondering and looked it up was pleased to find this thread.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 8, 2018 @ 1:16pm