Amphicyon the Bear dog

Evye

Suggestion

Amphicyonid.jpg.9787e9fb32d79916fe1bbdd3976b6fb9.jpg

Amphicyon is an extinct genus of large carnivorous bone-crushing mammals, popularly known as bear dogs, of the family Amphicyonidae, subfamily Amphicyoninae, from the Burdigalian Epoch until the late Pliocene. Members of this family received their vernacular name for possessing bear-like and dog-like features. They ranged over North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa from 16.9 to 2.6 Ma ago, existing for approximately 14.3 million years.

Hello I'm here to suggest a bear dog to be added to the game because i think it looks super cool.

WHY WOULD WE WANT THIS?

My suggestions is to make it +- twice the size of a thylacoleo so it can be a formidable creature with the ability to deal good damage

ATTACKS

BONE CRUSHING BITE (primary attack) a regular bite capable of ignoring any type of damage reduction

CLAW ATTACK (secondary attack) a simple claw swipe capable of doing a large amount of damage but will not ignore damage reduction and you can't use it while moving 

(Optional)

A small aoe attack like the megatherium secondary attack 

ABILITIES 

Run spend increase over time like the regular bear but with a lot higher base speed

Sniffing ability like the dire wolf but instead of finding notes it will find babys and juvenile creatures (to make the most of the new additions) maybe tell you the levels of the creatures so you can look for tames faster

(Optional) a stun ability like the thylacoleo only affecting creatures around the size of carnos and smaller only abel to use when in max sprint mode

Base stats

HP - 1000

stamina - 700

oxygen - 200

food - 3000

Weight - 400

melee - 100

Torpidity - 1250

Primary attack damage - 55

Secondary attack damage - 80

Movement speed

Walking - 300

Swimming - 300

Sprint start 1000

Sprint max 1400

Amphicyonid.jpg.9787e9fb32d79916fe1bbdd3976b6fb9.jpg

Hope everyone likes this fell free to give suggestions

Got the picture on Google so if you are the owner sorry i didn't ask for permission to use it 

1 reply to this server topic

As far as it goes we have andrewsarchus, sabertooth, dire wolf and bears, and Thylas, but never a species of bear dog so without further a due the amphicyon.

Wild: Upon crossing the savannah of scorched earth in search of water I stumbled across a morrelatops to rehydrate my canteens with a flash before my eyes an amphicyon pounced on this beast pinning it down with no struggle at all. This animal was the size of nearly a carno or even more possibly even being one of the like only apex mammalian apex predators on this ark it size may make look like it’s slow but beleive me I couldn’t even notice it at all.

Domesticated: My theory to tame this would be more likely be battling the beast in a duel of combat as this beast gives of a warrior like behavior as continuously observing Amphicyon it embraces a warrior or gladiator like behavior fighting off whatever threatens or comes in its way as I beleive beating it combat would likely earn the Mammals respect and would like be humble to you and the way it acts in it environment it would likely have a camouflage like ability blending well to its environment and somehow gain a more strength buff when engaged in combat and possibly buffing Allies and whatever is around it. If obtaining this mammal is successful then it would be a powerhouse in a warfare environment.

80A00063-F291-4C65-8434-11DA5F11615C.jpeg

Archived