What would have taken for Argentina/Viceroyalty of Rio de la Plata to become a global power?

In my opinion the former region of the Viceroyalty of el Rio de la Plata had the biggest potential out of the Spanish colonies,even moreso than Mexico (I know that Patagonia wasn't conquered at the time,but for the sake of Argument let's assume that these new country would have annexed it the same way Argentina did with Chile)
virreinato-rio-de-la-plata.jpg

For starters this region would be extremelly wealthy in mineral resources.Not only Argentina has plenty of them in the form of copper,gold,silver,zinc,tin,potasium,coal,iron and litium, but the region of Bolivia is probably the wealthiest mineral region on the entire planet excluding Australia and the DRC.
This region also has a lot of navigable rivers like the US which would have made the colonization of the interior of the country really easy as resources could be transported from one point of the country to the other without even building a solid railwork system.
riosarg.jpg

On top of that Argentina has really good soil for agriculture and farming which holds true to this day.Making them one of the biggest wheat exporters and cattle exporters in the XIX.

Argentina holds lots of similarities with the US in that regard and could have probably been agreat rival to it if some specific circumstances were given. My idea for this possible country to become really powerful would be the following.
  1. Make Charles IV follow Aranda's advice and split the Spanish empire into a loose confederacy of monarchs Spain and the Antilles + the kingdom of new Spain+the kingdom of New Granada+the Kingdom of Perú+the kingdom of Rio de la Plata.
  2. If France invades Spain they won't be able to take back Louisiana as it happened in Fointenableau
  3. The US has a way slower growth because of this
  4. The Viceroyalty of Rio de Plata starts trading with the UK becoming massively wealthy in the mean time and some Brits start inmigrating to Argentina
  5. The stable Argentinian state is seen with good eyes amongst the catholic emigrants due its prosperity and stability and they choose it above the US (Mexico could attract them as well in this TL but less assume that the US and New Spain and its hispanic allies are at war making the region less attractive)
  6. Argentina starts industrializing bia state intervention (in a similar way as Spain in the XVIII century)
  7. Waves of Spaniards,Italians,French and Germans start pouring into Argentina and settling the interior boosting coal and iron production which would lead to industrialization
Is this scenario viable in your eyes? Can this region compete with the US as the CIA feared? Was the rise of the US and manifest destiny over all its neighbors just unstoppable?
I would like to hear your opinions,and if anyone is interested they are welcome to use this idea for an ATL