My wife got me this for Christmas
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Haha, nice!
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Got these for Christmas. 1:48 scale. $30 each months ago from Costco.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 1:45:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the team formerly known as AlphaTauri waiting until testing to unveil their new name/livery?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Slight correction ... 1:43 scale. aka the master race scale.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#8]
If it were possible to pick "when" you want to live, this is when...

Link Posted: 12/27/2023 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/5tTFzYDD/Screenshot-2023-12-26-214342.png
View Quote

What era is that?

I’ve been watching the extended highlights of ‘85 races and holy cow were those some interesting times!  Half the field not finishing, cars running out of fuel on the last lap, cars left on the side of the course!

And the ‘chicane’ to the water front at Monaco!  No wonder they changed that, no one let off the accelerator apparently. Lol

It was the Wild West out there! ??
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I got Art of Formula 1 Calendar from my wife, and I got her a pair of Alfa Romeo socks from Heel & Tread because Bottas is her favorite driver. Also got her a 2024 calendar with all the track layouts and dates marked out from FormulaFanatics.

My boys got me a Lego MOC of the RB19, some parts, and I bought myself the Brickzone licensed RB19, some parts to build 2 RB19's from the Lego MOC RB19. The 3x World Champion shirts from Verstappen.com did not arrive in time for Christmas.

I also found a Burago RB16B with the Turkish White livery in 1:43 for $12, which arrived earlier this week.

Has anyone watched Gran Turismo or been to see Ferrari yet?
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What era is that?

I've been watching the extended highlights of '85 races and holy cow were those some interesting times!  Half the field not finishing, cars running out of fuel on the last lap, cars left on the side of the course!

And the 'chicane' to the water front at Monaco!  No wonder they changed that, no one let off the accelerator apparently. Lol

It was the Wild West out there!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What era is that?

I've been watching the extended highlights of '85 races and holy cow were those some interesting times!  Half the field not finishing, cars running out of fuel on the last lap, cars left on the side of the course!

And the 'chicane' to the water front at Monaco!  No wonder they changed that, no one let off the accelerator apparently. Lol

It was the Wild West out there!
@chaas67

Not completely sure where/when that pic is, looks like a 70's Can-Am race. I just love the whole spirit of what motorsports used to be.
Yes, I look at the past with rose-tinted glasses. And yes, I'm perfectly OK knowing that I do that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What era is that?

I’ve been watching the extended highlights of ‘85 races and holy cow were those some interesting times!  Half the field not finishing, cars running out of fuel on the last lap, cars left on the side of the course!

And the ‘chicane’ to the water front at Monaco!  No wonder they changed that, no one let off the accelerator apparently. Lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What era is that?

Looks like early-mid 70's to me.  The car looks like the 2-litre sports cars, something like a Chevron B-19.  Top surface of the bodywork being so flat makes me think that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@chaas67

Not completely sure where/when that pic is, looks like a 70's Can-Am race. I just love the whole spirit of what motorsports used to be.
Yes, I look at the past with rose-tinted glasses. And yes, I'm perfectly OK knowing that I do that.
View Quote

No argument from me on that!  While the past wasn’t perfect, it was in many ways better than today.

Go forth with your rose colored glasses! ??

Link Posted: 12/27/2023 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 12/27/2023 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got Art of Formula 1 Calendar from my wife, and I got her a pair of Alfa Romeo socks from Heel & Tread because Bottas is her favorite driver. Also got her a 2024 calendar with all the track layouts and dates marked out from FormulaFanatics.

My boys got me a Lego MOC of the RB19, some parts, and I bought myself the Brickzone licensed RB19, some parts to build 2 RB19's from the Lego MOC RB19. The 3x World Champion shirts from Verstappen.com did not arrive in time for Christmas.

I also found a Burago RB16B with the Turkish White livery in 1:43 for $12, which arrived earlier this week.

Has anyone watched Gran Turismo or been to see Ferrari yet?
View Quote

I was hoping for an rb19 model but no such luck. I did get a formula 1 calendar though, so that’s cool!
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/NJPgcUn.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2023 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy shit that’s funny ??

And a Mercedes to boot. Not like we wasn’t used to passing them in traffic anyway.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#18]
It was probably Toto's doing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Holy shit that’s funny ??

And a Mercedes to boot. Not like we wasn’t used to passing them in traffic anyway.
View Quote

SIXT has apologized, and says their policies allow for the agent to approve the rental. My guess he just wasn't a Max fan. But still, very stupid and very bad optics for the company to refuse 3x World F1 Champion an AMG GT rental, he owns a Valkyrie FFS and a number of other go-fast exotics.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was hoping for an rb19 model but no such luck. I did get a formula 1 calendar though, so that’s cool!
View Quote

I bought 2 of them, one I will leave unopened.

RB19 from TheBlockZone
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It was probably Toto's doing.
View Quote
"No Sixt, this is so not right!"
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was hoping for an rb19 model but no such luck. I did get a formula 1 calendar though, so that's cool!
View Quote
Max or Sergio?
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Max or Sergio?
View Quote

Max is my favorite but I like both drivers.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What era is that?

View Quote

I consider 1984 - 2003 to be the golden era of F1. The Wild West turbo days, then Senna/Prost/Mansell in the 3.5L V-10/V-12s and finally the fire breathing 3.0L V-10s pushing nearly 20,000 rpm and 1000 HP.

Grid Girls, no Woke, and great competition. I need to work more on my Duke review collection this week since I'm off.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mercedes have spent the last 10+ years trying to re-image themselves into a performance brand, for younger owners, and SIXT undoes it all in one day
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

SIXT has apologized, and says their policies allow for the agent to approve the rental. My guess he just wasn't a Max fan. But still, very stupid and very bad optics for the company to refuse 3x World F1 Champion an AMG GT rental, he owns a Valkyrie FFS and a number of other go-fast exotics.
View Quote

Dealt with enough counter clerks to know it wasn't personal - they're pricks to everyone.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 3:00:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"No Sixt, this is so not right!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Mercedes have spent the last 10+ years trying to re-image themselves into a performance brand, for younger owners, and SIXT undoes it all in one day
View Quote

I drove an AMG GT and a 911 GT3 at Speed Vegas about 4 years ago. The GT was fun, but the 911 was easy to drive fast. The AMG was (paraphrasing Clarkson) an axe-murderer with headlights compared to just how intuitive the 911 was. Maybe it was all the years as a teenager/young adult doing dumbass go-fastish shit in a Volkswagen Bug my friend built that made me enjoy the Porsche more.

I wanted to drive the NSX but my ass is too big for a Japanese super car and a helmet. I need a sunroof to poke my head out of like a bad guy in a Gator McCluskey movie.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I drove an AMG GT and a 911 GT3 at Speed Vegas about 4 years ago. The GT was fun, but the 911 was easy to drive fast. The AMG was (paraphrasing Clarkson) an axe-murderer with headlights compared to just how intuitive the 911 was. Maybe it was all the years as a teenager/young adult doing dumbass go-fastish shit in a Volkswagen Bug my friend built that made me enjoy the Porsche more.

I wanted to drive the NSX but my ass is too big for a Japanese super car and a helmet. I need a sunroof to poke my head out of like a bad guy in a Gator McCluskey movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like the AMG fits Verstappen perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would have been an appropriate time to pull the "Do you know who I am? Let me speak with your manager."
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Max-murderer Verstappen?
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Max gets in the car.
*Race Mode
*Traction Control off
*ABS off
*VSC off
"There, that's better."

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Max gets in the car.
*Race Mode
*Traction Control off
*ABS off
*VSC off
"There, that's better."

View Quote

That's how I drove it at Speed Vegas.

Don't get me wrong, it was a hoot to drive, and it sounds glorious. For most people it would be worse than a Mustang leaving a Cars & Coffee event.

I just think with more track time and professional instruction, I would lap faster in a 911 GT3 than the AMG.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, it was a hoot to drive, and it sounds glorious. For most people it would be worse than a Mustang leaving a Cars & Coffee event.

I just think with more track time and professional instruction, I would lap faster in a 911 GT3 than the AMG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Max gets in the car.
*Race Mode
*Traction Control off
*ABS off
*VSC off
"There, that's better."

You're probably right.  The 911 GT2/3 cars are track monsters.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#35]
10 years ago today ...

** to clarify, not the picture being 10 years ago, but the accident.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
10 years ago today ...

https://th.bing.com/th?id=OIF.wv%2fZau%2f%2blMKKIgj2iDX12Q&rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

View Quote

Such a tragedy.  I feel like his wife is keeping him alive when the plug should have been pulled years ago.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Such a tragedy.  I feel like his wife is keeping him alive when the plug should have been pulled years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
10 years ago today ...

The comment continually repeated is “Michael is still here, he is just isn’t the same Michael”.

He isn’t brain dead, just permanent cognitive issues.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The comment continually repeated is “Michael is still here, he is just isn’t the same Michael”.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
10 years ago today ...

All things being equal, I'd rather be dead.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Many didn't like him because he came across cold and arrogant and definitely
played a dirty game a time or two, but Japan 2000 was a special moment in motorsport. The end
race celebrations were truly passionate and heartfelt. Even Mika Hakkinen was truly happy for "the Michael".

But this moment was special. If you saw it live, it was definitely dusty in the air.

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Interesting article from The Race about Newey’s foundation philosophy with the RB18 and then following on with the RB19.

So when these regulations came in for 2022, his overview of how these underfloors needed to work in conjunction with the suspension will have been a guiding principle. Suspension was no longer just subservient to aerodynamics, but absolutely intrinsic to it.

To that end, he designed the RB18’s front and rear suspensions himself. It gave extremely tight platform control (with very little pitch or dive), allowing the car to run a softer rear suspension than the others - which, in combination with a much more sympathetic contouring of the floor, gave that always-strong, bounce-free downforce delivery.

What distinguished the RB18 was how it could deliver good, consistent downforce at all ride heights, all conditions of yaw, pitch and roll, etc. – without ever being troubled by porpoising or bouncing. It wasn’t about its peak downforce (which was not remarkable), but the spread of useable downforce (which was).

Newey’s way of visualising multi-dimensional aspects of the total performance was written into the RB18’s very DNA. The RB19 piled the downforce onto that perfect platform. Hence why it was even further distant from the chasing pack.
View Quote

This philosophy highlights how much of a son of a bitch it is going to be to catch and pass RB in development. 2022 was spent refining the relationship with the suspension and 2023 was spent cranking the downforce up.

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/red-bull-rb19-2023-formula-1-car-adrian-newey-secrets/

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Interesting article from The Race about Newey’s foundation philosophy with the RB18 and then following on with the RB19.

This philosophy highlights how much of a son of a bitch it is going to be to catch and pass RB in development. 2022 was spent refining the relationship with the suspension and 2023 was spent cranking the downforce up.

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/red-bull-rb19-2023-formula-1-car-adrian-newey-secrets/

View Quote

I read that as well. Quite interesting imo.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Max is my favorite but I like both drivers.
View Quote

@tifosi why?
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@tifosi why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@tifosi why?

Quoted:

I was hoping for an rb19 model but no such luck.

Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Stay tuned.
View Quote

Ok!
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#45]
New thread soon @Plumber576
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#46]

I almost bought a Lec one from the mall today until I yelled at the 20something cunt working there because she got shitty with me when I asked her to stop dropping f-bombs in front of my 6 y/o.

Also glad I didn't after I see you got the whole set for $30 instead of one car for $20.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
New thread soon @Plumber576
View Quote

SOON.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

SOON.
View Quote

SOONER
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#49]
One final hot take for 2023:

Daniel Ricciardo's entire career since 2018 has been carefully orchestrated to give Drive To Survive a multi-season character arc.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:27:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 248
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top