Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grantgarden22

My favorite begonia through out the summer

There's a botanical garden who had this amazing display of this one LARGE begonia. When I first saw it made it to the top of my wish list. But luckily I am friends one of the ground workers of the place and I asked him about the begonia. He directs me to the manager of the the display greenhouse. I ask the manager and she said that she has no Idea what kind it was. I was so disappointed that I wouldn't be able look it up online and by a plant or do a swap if possible. But she takes me to the back of the greenhouse where they keep all of their plants that weren't on display. And they was a bench just full of beautiful begonias and I spot the beefsteak cutting Ive given them a year back and it looks amazing and it grew really well from leaf cuttings. She gives me a small pot of cuttings they have taken from the begonia and gives it to me. I was ecstatic! So I give my many thanks and off I go! I've been impressed by how well it has grown for me this summer, I was able to injure the rhizome and I got another offset from it that I will use as a back up in case.

Here is what it looked like at the botanical gardens.
My hand as a scale marker, it really shows you how large it is.
Tiny pot of begonia I was given by the kind manager.
How it looks today, the leaves have changed colors a little bit, but the real surprise it coming up next!
Holy Spiky stems!!

Grantgarden2

Comments (2)