Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Pat Ganahl R.I.P.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Uncle Ronn

Uncle Ronn
    from Modesto CA

This Gathering was very nice to see tonight!

Lil32, chryslerfan55 and 65pacecar like this.
  2. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Thanks Marty, I tried it before and it wouldn't play but I tried it again and it worked! :)

3. jim snow

jim snow

Uncle Ronn, JohnB and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Took a month off after retiring and just got this punch...so sad. RIP, Pat, and condolences to the family. Irreplaceable. God bless.

chryslerfan55, Uncle Ronn and A Boner like this.
  5. the flatlander

the flatlander

Thank all of you who had those great things to say about my friend Pat. He was a trip ! We shared birthdays usually at York (nsra) in June. R&C had several friends & shop owners ( tci, spadaro, Francis, etc. It was quite a night. DeEtte Crow hired a belly dancer one year. Pat was very shy during that. I’ll try to find pics. When ever possible Pat & I would corral our hero Tom “Stroker” Medley and squeeze a couple more cool early R&C stories. I looked forward to Pat’s Blog every time he posted. We often talked about them & those days. He was also interested in “our” east coast hot rodding days. I’ll pull out and re read another of his cool books & the video if can find my old VCR. I’m going Roadster ridding Sat. & think of my friend Too Tall. Alan @ Flatlanders (in NC)

6. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

7. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

I know this is late, but I truly miss Pat. I met him as a kid through my grandfather, Ollie Morris, and grew up on his articles and stories. As an adult I would see him from time to time at different Meets and Shows (CHRR, Hot Rod Events, numerous car shows) and we would discuss different automotive topics. It didn't seem like at great event unless I saw tall Pat with a camera hanging around his neck. After my grandfather passed, Pat would always have a story about him when we saw each other. RIP Pat...........see you soon.

54delray, tractorguy, Baumi and 14 others like this.
  8. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I think of him everyday !

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well... I'm thinking of him now.

And I think that every time I do, from now till the day I die, I'm gonna feel the sense of loss.
    As I know so many of us do.
    But also gratitude for all that he gave us.
    As I know so many of us do.
    And even though I never met him, just in reading the things he wrote, he seemed... I don't know... like a friend.

10. Lil32

Lil32

looking through my LARS photos yesterday I came across this shot
    I hope he is Hot Rodding up there
    R.I.P.
    IMG_1898.JPG IMG_1899.JPG

11. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Sept 2017 when Pat and Anna delivered the Wayne head engine for the Spalding copy. Great times. DSC01090.JPG DSC01097.JPG DSC01125.JPG DSC01126.JPG DSC01128.JPG DSC01138.JPG

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  12. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Simply awesome... fully engaged in hot rods as usual and not just a magazine guy wanna be.

13. I saw the last engine build and my friend even tried to introduce me to Pat at one of the Mooneyes drags a few years back, but I'm too much of a DORK for any of that and just stared like a nut job.

My friend just talked to you about Offy lead plates and cam buttons for Flatheads.

Irish Mike, 427 sleeper and Stogy like this.
  14. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Marty!

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  15. I shall miss his writing and his knowledge for as long as I can remember.

427 sleeper and 41 GMC K-18 like this.