fasi6083's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Arabian Flat Bread-Khubz

The Arabic flat bread also known as "Khubz" is the popular staple food in Saudi Arabia (KSA). Khubz in KSA is usually made from wheat or All-purpose flour and has a soft rubbery texture and is very convenient to fold and fill.

Arabian Flat bread "Khubz" arranged in a trayArabian Flat bread "Khubz" arranged in a tray

In KSA, it is very common to see the local supermarkets and bakeries equipped with the traditional masonry oven baking the fresh Khubz and selling to the customers.

Masonry Oven in a local supermarket preparing fresh Khubz (I used a marker to hide the price of the bread)Masonry Oven in a local supermarket preparing fresh Khubz (I used a marker to hide the price of the bread)

Khubz preparation in OvenKhubz preparation in Oven

In my local community, Khubz is usually eaten at every meal and is basically used to pick up the food from the plate. Even in the Arabian street food Khubz is used along with the fillings such as shawarma chicken/lamb, falafel, kibdah.

Freshly baked Arabian KhubzFreshly baked Arabian Khubz

Arabic Khubz stored in containersArabic Khubz stored in containers

It is highly preferable to eat the freshly baked Khubz when it is still warm. Usually, the Khubz has an expiry date of 4 to 5 days from production date and it cost very cheap in KSA (5 to 6 khubz ~0.25US$)

KFUPM, Technology Transfer Executive
Khobar Saudi Arabia
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Arabian Flat Bread-Khubz

Hi @fasi6083 

Thanks for sharing some interesting information about an everyday food item from KSA.

I think this is similar to the 'Roti' or more specifically the 'Fulka'.

~Greetings from New Delhi

Level 6

شكرا على تقاسم الخبز @fasi6083  ، فالخبز من الضروريات ، يحتل المرتبة الثانية بعد الماء.

Mohammed
Level 7

Most of expats Love Khubz 🙂 

#Let'sGuide for the better future 🙂

A Level 7 Local Guide | Graphic Designer | Traveler | YouTuber | Photographer | Videographer | Artist | My Profile |  Introduce Yourself - March 2020 I'm Here |                                  Join with me VIRTUAL Meet-up  

Former Google Contributor

Hi @fasi6083 

It is very interesting, thank you for sharing Arabian Flat Bread-Khubz with us. I would like to suggest that you take a look at this The best photography tips for taking pictures of food and How to write a helpful grocery store review

I relabeled your post and it now appears in the Food & Drink topic. Here, you’ll learn about foods from different cultures, discover amazing restaurants around the world, tour cafes, and more. This section is for Local Guides who love learning about, looking at and talking about food.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Thank you for your post @fasi6083

Love khubz.

Regards, 

Lili