it could be a mastacembelus tanganicae.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
He already has the name. It's a spiney eel from freshwaters of Indonesia, Borneo and Myanmar. It has no other english common name other than 'spiney eel' but, it's malaysian common name is 'Tilan keloko'. Grows to about 21". Temp 72F-80F. pH neutral to alkaline. Diet: carnivorous - worms, small fish, insect larvae, shrimp, etc. Aquarium: rockwork, soft substrate for its digging habits, and tight lid. Moderate current as this is primarily a stream inhabitant.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Thanks oddball, that was the closest I could guess it. It was simply labeled as a "white polka dot eel" at my LFS. I can find almost no info on these guys. Is it unusual to see one in the hobby? They are asking $100 for one. :(

Oddball;4455044; said:
He already has the name. It's a spiney eel from freshwaters of Indonesia, Borneo and Myanmar. It has no other english common name other than 'spiney eel' but, it's malaysian common name is 'Tilan keloko'. Grows to about 21". Temp 72F-80F. pH neutral to alkaline. Diet: carnivorous - worms, small fish, insect larvae, shrimp, etc. Aquarium: rockwork, soft substrate for its digging habits, and tight lid. Moderate current as this is primarily a stream inhabitant.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store