Trichromis SALVINI and TRIMAC "Correction"

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
Clearly the scientists have got it all wrong - again... Timacs and Tricolor Cichlids are the closest relative's to eachother. At the moment, Trichromis salvini is on its own yet it's clear that the two species in question have been divided by ignorance.

Timacs have been joined up with the Amphilphus group indiscriminately by "SO CALLED" experts much in the same way as they've wrecked the Thorichthys grouping... Little over 5 years ago Amphilophus robertsoni became Cribroheros robertsoni then Astatheros robertsoni... it's common name is the "False Firemouth"... the clue is in the name where it truelly belongs....

So I'm gonna campaign that the Trimac should be paired with the Tricolor Cichlid and be re-named TRICHROMIS TRIMACULATUS....

trimac667.jpg

134f6e91081.jpg

Trichromis_salvini_0001.jpg

t_salvini-rio_candelaria01par-jan_fioole.jpg

trichromis-salvini.jpg

img_1_m.jpg

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
I agree that Trimacs sit in the Amphilophus group like a bad penny, with different jaws, teeth and body shape. I agree that they resemble salvini more then any Amphilophus but my understanding is that DNA puts them in with Amphilophus not trichromis.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Juan Miguel Artigas Azas wrote a paper on this same subject, saying that Trimacs should be moved in to trichromis, it's just that dna evidence doesn't support this.

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I don't understand why the thorichthys genus is a mess.It seems OK to me.
I also don't see why robertsoni should have anything to do with thorichthys.
To me the thorichthys group is perfectly clear.

Reactions: cichlidfish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store