• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oregon mayor fired for posting in her underwear on a fire truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ore. mayor poses in underwear, loses job

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 08:55 AM

ARLINGTON, Ore. (AP) - The mayor of an Oregon town who once stripped to her underwear and posed on a fire truck has been stripped of her office.

Voters in this town of about 500 voted narrowly Monday to recall Carmen Kontur-Gronquist. The tally was 142-139. City officials said the recall is effective Tuesday.

Kontur-Gronquist said the pictures of her in black bra and panties were taken for use in a contest about fitness, but a relative posted them on MySpace in hopes it would improve the social life of the single mother.

They predated her election, but she said she saw no reason to take them off the popular Web site once elected three years ago. Later, she closed access to them.

Opponents said it wasn't fitting for the mayor to be so depicted. They said they also disagreed with her on issues about water and the local golf course.

Dyno

Smoking!

abc_nwo_mayor2_080110_ms.jpg

temp

posting on contract only
Opponents said it wasn't fitting for the mayor to be so depicted. They said they also disagreed with her on issues about water and the local golf course.
:lol

Joni

So it's forbidden to actually walk around in lingerie, but I don't see a problem. This picture doesn't show anything more than your average picture of someone at the beach of the swimming pool. I'll never understand American politics.

Yeah I saw this on Dr. Phi...umm...some show...

Anyway, I heard she did very good things for that city. She was a good mayor. That should have spoken for itself. As long as she doesn't walk around like that on the regular, what's the problem?

To be fair, she handled this all wrong. She could have blamed her idiot relative for posting the pics and then had them removed immediately. Problem solved.

J

joeblack

Unconfirmed Member
They should have taken advantage of her sexuality and let her use it to conquer neighboring towns.

ShowDog

I want some quotes to actually prove that she got fired for posing in her underwear on a fire truck. You didn't link a story, but it looks like you copied some stuff from the AP. Were people really outraged, or was she mostly voted out for water and golf course issues? Did the reporter bother attending the fucking town meeting to get at least one quote from an outraged citizen about the pictures? As a journalism student I'm inclined to be doubtful when I see stuff if there isn't actually any substance, just sensationalist titles.

That said, I can totally see this being true in a small town. But don't believe everything you read. And no, I've never been to Oregon, so I'm not trying to defend it.

ShowDog said:
I want some quotes to actually prove that she got fired for posing in her underwear on a fire truck. You didn't link a story, but it looks like you copied some stuff from the AP. Were people really outraged, or was she mostly voted out for water and golf course issues? Did the reporter bother attending the fucking town meeting to get at least one quote from an outraged citizen about the pictures? As a journalism student I'm inclined to be doubtful when I see stuff if there isn't actually any substance, just sensationalist titles.

That said, I can totally see this being true in a small town. But don't believe everything you read. And no, I've never been to Oregon, so I'm not trying to defend it.
Like I mentioned earlier I saw a report on this I think on 60 minutes. All the old people in the town were fucking pissed. They interviewed a ton of people. As to be expected, all the middle aged and younger women thought she was great and all the old cranks wanted her head on a platter.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
i approve of future hot female mayor's doing this from now on

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Teh Hamburglar said:
Ore. mayor poses in underwear, loses job

Well since mayors are supposed to be fat men with walrus mustaches, or have cheeseburgers for heads, an aversion to seeing such a demographic in women's underwear is only natural.

Teh Hamburglar said:
Kontur-Gronquist said the pictures of her in black bra and panties were taken for use in a contest about fitness, but a relative posted them on MySpace in hopes it would.
The article says pictures . . . that is plural. Now get to work google-monkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom