Forum
  • Cen­sus
  • Books, arti­cles
  • Dona­tions
  • Forum
  • The

PAROSPHROMENUS

PROJECT

Parosphromenus fil­a­men­to­sus in Poland?

More
    12 years 2 months ago 12 years 2 months ago #874 by wojtek_​res
    Hello,

yes­ter­day I bought in Poland a 10 spec­i­mens of Parosphromenus which were also labeled as Parosphromenus fil­a­men­to­sus. What makes me happy the fishes are in a great con­di­tion. In com­pare to the fish from the Martin’s photo they look dif­fer­ently — the biggest seems to has extended fil­a­ment of cau­dal (now not so long bea­cuse the fishes are max. half-​grown).

This is my first post here — I hope you will under­stand my poor englisch;)

Greet­ings from South-​east Poland
    Wojtek
    Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by wojtek_​res.

Please Log in or Cre­ate an account to join the conversation.

• Peter Finke
    • Banned
    • Banned
    • pub­lic under­stand­ing of science“
    More
    12 years 2 months ago #875 by Peter Finke
    Wojtek, you are per­fectly under­stood. Be wel­come!!
    Your fish might really be fil­a­men­to­sus, your descrip­tion men­tions the clear fil­a­ment at the end of the male’s cau­dal fin. And there must be a coloura­tion in that fin, red­dish at the cen­tre and bluish at the mar­gin. The whole cau­dal is not rounded, but slighty elon­gated.
    It is very well pos­si­ble that the trade has mixed up two dif­fer­ent species. That would be rather dan­ger­ous because we can­not idebtify the females very well. But at first we have to wait and let the ani­mals develop.

• mar­tin
    • martin's Avatar Topic Author
    • Pre­mium Member
    • Premium Member
    More
    12 years 2 months ago #879 by mar­tin
    Hello, it is great Wojtek that You finally have Your fish. When I looked on my paros I can also see their cau­dal extended. Maybe that one on the pic­ture is too young? But if they are young , they must be def­i­nitely dif­fer­ent species then my Parosphromenus sp. Bin­tan, becouse of their size. All of my new fish are big­ger (longer) then my P sp.bintan. I can clearly see dif­fer­ences beetwen this two species. And other thing — new paros had diffrent night col­oration. Their strips become “cut­ted” into a dots. In P.sp Bin­tan strips are lighter but vis­i­ble at night.
    Peter I’m very glad accord­ing to Your offer :) But I man­aged one more aqua for this new paros and I dont have space for another — I will have more space after we moved into a new house for 34 month :):) And then I could visit You in Ger­many to become a owner of new paros species! Thank You one more time for offer and I wish You a nice trip to Poland :)

Greetings!

• Peter Finke
    • Banned
    • Banned
    • pub­lic under­stand­ing of science“
    More
    12 years 2 months ago #881 by Peter Finke
    Mar­tin, the fish you pho­tographed is def­i­nitely not fil­a­men­to­sus. It’s a male and it is not too young. It’s appear­ance shows mark­ers of a male P. spec. of about 710 months. Male fil­a­men­to­sus show a very elon­gated cau­dal with a clear black fil­a­ment rather early in their life. When very young, the fil­a­ment is very small, but the fish you showed at the pic­ture should have that typ­i­cally coloured elon­gated cau­dal with the tyoical black fil­a­ment. Look at the typ­i­cal colour of that cau­dal; it’s a very con­stant mark­ing. (The pic­ture I add here is a famous shot by Hans-​Joachim Richter from the begin­nings of the eight­ies of the last cen­tury).

But maybe there are real fil­a­men­to­sus mixed in the group you have bought, and still smaller. You can only wait and see. Then we will per­haps rec­og­nize waht the species of that fish is what you showd to us.
    And I under­stand your dif­fi­cul­ties: I shall bring no fish with me when I visit Poland in May. Later this year you will come to Ger­many and take fish home.
    Attachments:

• mar­tin
    • martin's Avatar Topic Author
    • Pre­mium Member
    • Premium Member
    More
    12 years 1 month ago 12 years 1 month ago #916 by mar­tin
    Hello,Few days ago I saw that my male become very dark, yes­ter­day he become very agres­sive , I saw also that it is miss­ing one of fish ( this aqua is not cov­ered) so, I tought that some of my paros jumped out, but… Male very often dis­s­a­peared in coco cave and then I saw this miss­ing paros in that cave also :) She become very dark also (mostly her fins) — So, my first breed­ing of new paros become a truth :) I is very dif­fi­cult to take a pic­ture of male, but I can tell for sure that he don’t have fil­a­ment like P.filamentosus. But also he had lit­tle trig­o­nal cau­dal fin — clearly vis­i­ble com­pared to my P.sp. bin­tan. I will still try to do fine pic­ture of them.
    Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by mar­tin.

More
    12 years 1 month ago #917 by Nathea
    That sounds great: I cross my fin­gers that they breed suc­cess­fuly and you will get some small young Paros.

Best regards,
    Sylvia

Mod­er­a­tors: helene
    Time to cre­ate page: 0.217 seconds