Paph thaianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kavanaru

Recently, I commented in a different thread that I had bought a new Paph thaianum... so... here it is.. my only merit is that none of the 3 buds has blasted yet... :)

NS 3.5

Thanks a lot! :) I am also in love with this one... there were several plants at the nursery, some with larger flowers, but this was the only one with two buds/spike and stronger growth (3 Gs), and I also prefer the smaller fowers (if it is supposed to be mini, then a real mini!)... I discussed with the owner of the nursery and he said, that opposite to the other Brachys, Paph. thaianum normally (at least all the plants he has) had only one mature growth, and a new one coming just after the older started blooming. Most of his other Brachys were multi-growth plants.

I have another plant, from a different source, but far from blooming size...

I will take another picture when the second/third buds are open. I expect the flower also to be whiter with time...

Very nice plant and flower. Every time I see this plant and flower I can't avoid to think that it is not a brachi but a parvisepalum.

:clap:

Latest posts

Back