• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant Identification, need Experts !!

Calotype

Seedling
Hello,

Here is a bunch of plant I really love.
I'm trying to determine who is who and it's not so easy for a beginner like me.
The thing is also not easy because there is red and reddish plant which are depending water and light conditions, so pictures on the web for one species are never the same...

Tell me what is right and what is wrong.

Capture_d_e_cran_2015_06_30_a_19_54_04.jpg

Capture_d_e_cran_2015_06_30_a_21_28_05_copie.jpg
Capture_d_e_cran_2015_06_30_a_21_27_45.png

N°1 Which one of the 3 ??

N°2 I'm pretty sure about this one.

N°3 and 3 bis The 1 millons $ question !
I'm pretty sure it's NOT Rotala vietnam or Enie, but the visual "light" effet is very close.
Here the Stem is thin like those rotalas vietnam/enie, but leave are not straight like rotalas .
The leaves looks like Limnophila/cabomba/myriophylum.
But Limno/cabom/myrio are always with a strong Stem larger than here sooo I'm lost .

N°4 I don't really know about this one I feel those Top leaves really looks like Ludwigia Palustris but maybe it's a simply rotala ??

N°5 I guess i'm righ !

Thank's a lot !!!!

Hi
No 1 looks like Rotala sp colorata.
No 2 looks like Rotala sp green as you stated.
No 3 could be Rotala sp Bangladesh but it looks like Vietnam!
No 4 definitely a Ludwigia my guess repens or palustris red!

Rotala sp "Bangladesh"
b06e53e9-47ea-4c42-a544-465f0f2da17b_zpsbff1ec08.jpg
hoggie

Hi all,
Not too sure about the exact ID...but more importantly that's a really nice scape and very healthy plants
Nice tank.
I'm pretty sure it's NOT Rotala vietnam or Enie, but the visual "light" effet is very close. Here the Stem is thin like those rotalas vietnam/enie, but leave are not straight like rotalas .
The leaves looks like Limnophila/cabomba/myriophylum.
I don't know what it is either, but assuming that the leaves are <"compound"> (like the Limnophila next to it), I think it is likely to be a Myriophyllum sp.

If the leaves are <"simple"> (they are just un-branched filaments) then it is likely to be a Rotala sp.

cheers Darrel

Thank you for answers , I hope to get thought but it's a good start !
About the tank, it's an Amano one, you can follow this tank many time in Amano videos on youtube, those which are 3-4 tanks presentation .

Hi, I'm back still spending time on the web, and maybe i'm almost to the goal for the N°3/3bis: welcome to Myriophyllum Mezianum !!
myriophyllum_mezianum.jpg

An other candidate for N°1 is Rotala rotundifolia sp. 'H'ra / GIA LAI VietNam'
Rotala_rotundifolia_sp_H_ra_GIA_LAI_Viet_Nam_4.jpg

Back