Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CarterB13
Frequent Visitor

An error occurred while attempting to publish. Unable to write data to Transport Connection

Hey There,

I keep getting the below error. I have tried multiple datasets and the only time it publishes is if I only do smaller tables with less data. This just started happening a couple days ago. So I had no issues loading this data recently. So it seems something just recently changed regarding size limitation. I tried loading to different workspaces as well.  Any ideas?

CarterB13_0-1660619720386.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @CarterB13 ,

Generally too large data model may be a reason for this problem.

Please see the workaroud in the similar thread: "Unable to write to the transport connection." - Microsoft Power BI 

Workaround was to create a local db on my pc and connect to it. Will have to move these large csv to the cloud I think!!

If above method is not working, please run Fiddler with Decrypt Https traffic enabled and repeat publish steps to reproduce the issue and post the related message for further discussion.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
strongCoreZach
Advocate II
Advocate II

We have PPU and the dataset size is 2gb. We're still getting this issue. How to resolve?

ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@CarterB13 It looks like a data size issue. What is the file size? you cannot publish more than 1GB on free,pro version. With premium, you need to set the workspace to max capacity which is 10GB. You might want to reduce the size via optimization and server side.

Hey @ray_ux  thanks for the reply.  The file size is 556 mb.  It was working for me fine for past several months. Only change was company had PC's added to intune and setup Azure. Also did something with OneNote.  So it's below the limitation. I tried doing a direct load of the file from Power BI Service and it failed. But instead of internal storage, I tried loading using the OneNote option and it worked.  

Obviously that isnt sustainable. Because it doesn't override datasets in the same workspace with the same name. So every time I load a modified dataset, I have to open reports in desktop and connect them to the new dataset.  Hope any of this helps. 

Hi @CarterB13 ,

Generally too large data model may be a reason for this problem.

Please see the workaroud in the similar thread: "Unable to write to the transport connection." - Microsoft Power BI 

Workaround was to create a local db on my pc and connect to it. Will have to move these large csv to the cloud I think!!

If above method is not working, please run Fiddler with Decrypt Https traffic enabled and repeat publish steps to reproduce the issue and post the related message for further discussion.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks I will look into that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.