The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Learn more about our guidelines
Just so you know, What to Expect may make commissions on shopping links on this page.

Amniotic Fluid? TMI photo

Question. I’ve had some clear and some white discharge. Everything I’ve read says leukorreah should be mild in smell.. but this is a sour/sweaty smell.. should I be worried?

Like Love Hug Funny Sad Wow
20+ Similar Discussions Found
13 Comments
Oldest First
Motl888

It honestly sounds like urine and/or liquidy discharge, but you can go get checked if you’re worried!

Motl888

If it is amniotic fluid, then that’s a very small amount and is likely a leak that will heal itself. But again, go get checked if you’re worried! ❤️

b
bgirlmom
@Motl888,

thank you! I think I may be seen just to rule that out & any infections!

b
bgirlmom

Anyone else?

DesertDwellerMthrRunner

Amniotic fluid smells sweet (or so I’m told). Something with a foul or sour smell doesn’t fit with that...and if it was a leak, you’ll definitely have that happen more than once

b
bgirlmom
@DesertDwellerMthrRunner,

thank you!!

c
carak21

Just looks like normal discharge. I get so much extra discharge during pregnancy that I wear panty liners everyday. 

b
bgirlmom
@carak21,

that’s crazy! Thank you!

mimi-29

It happens to me sometimes but it's sweat ... It gets pretty hot down there 😅

b
bgirlmom
@mimi-29,

I agree!! Thank you!

G
Gurleyk

Labor nurse here! That just looks like really watery discharge, especially since there’s the white discharge. You’ll have a lot of discharge throughout your pregnancy and it will continuously change consistency. You can call the doctors office and mention it to them and see what they say if you feel you need to. Discharge can have a sweet smell also. As long as it is white (not green, gray, or a yellow color) it’s probably not an infection.

But again, call with any concerns!

Amniotic fluid will continuously leak if it is leaking, even a slow leak will continuously leak.

b
bgirlmom
@Gurleyk,

thank you so much for this! This eased my mind.

I
Iqrasaad
@Gurleyk,

Hi dear

Need help. I'm 5 month pregnant. I have this type discharge from last couple of months. Discharge have white flecks. Is this norma or nOt?