Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen an-055-ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Omen an-055-ur and it does not have a Home button, but has a omen command center button instead. Can I somehow remap that button to be a home button?

On the other hand I tried to emulate it on P1 button via the command center, but the problem is when I turn on num lock, it produces a '7' char.

So to summarize: can I have a home button anywhere when num lock is turned on?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@elfuego

Welcome to HP Forums, 
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that you are facing issue with the home button.

Could you please help take a picture of your keyboard and attach as an attachment for the further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Have agreat day.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Here is it. The red arrow shows the command center button (which is instead of home button).

keyboard.jpg

HP Recommended

Okay, I signed up for an account JUST to answer your question, because I was SUPER annoyed by the exact same issue.

You had the right idea, but you missed a step that will solve your "7" issue.

Record a Macro to one of the P keys, as you suggested (I used P1). 

Make the Macro a "no delay" macro.

The macro steps to input are:

- Step 1:  Num lock (to turn it off)

- Step 2:  Home Key (I used the " on screen keyboard" to push the home key, since its not on the keyboard)

- Step 3: Num lock (to turn it back on)

That should solve the problem.  It's still annoying, because now your "home" key is the top left of your keyboard instead of the right, but at least you have a home key!

Cheers.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it didn't help. I did everything as you told me: turned off numlock, recorded a home click with screen keyboard, and when I turn numlock back on, P1 still generates a '7' char.

HP Recommended

Based on your message, I think the issue is that you may have misunderstood my directions.

You should not be Turning off num-lock, then recording the Macro for the Home Button, and then turning num-lock back on.

You should be recording a macro that has 3 steps inside of it:

Begin Recording Macro (a "No Delay" macro)

1) Turn off num-lock

2) press home

3) Turn on num-lock

End Recording Macro

It should look like this:

Macro for home button.png

I hope this helps!

HP Recommended

unfortunately, this didn't help as well.

but I was still looking for a solution, and found an interesting thing:

here https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=43706 a user with nick 'mirsha' (really, thank you, dude) wrote this:
fn+omen = home

and it really is. it isn't as convenient as a dedicated key, but, of course, is better than nothing.

this may be also written in a laptop docs, but who really does read them? 😃

so I wanted to spread the info, and copied it here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.