Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cuteleier_zone6

Queen of Elegance

Cuteleier Z6 KS
last year
last modified: last year

Love this rose! It is narrow so i plant them 2 ft apart for a hedge last year. Light fragrance.

Look at these buds!

Comments (37)

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    last year

Your photos are beautiful! I love this rose.

It is good in the deep south too!

• oursteelers 8B PNW
    last year

Wow! I can’t believe how many blooms you have!

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Cute, I love your rose, too. I looked on HMF, and none of the photos were as good as your luscious rose photos. What a beautiful bloom machine. The deep pink of this rose is gorgeous. Do you have a photo of the entire hedge? Diane

• Cuteleier Z6 KS
    Original Author
    last year

@Diane Brakefield Thank you! I‘m actually a beginner and didnt do much. Here is a picture of the hedge.

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

That is gorgeous. You are off to a great start, It's hard to believe you are a beginner. Diane

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    last year

That makes a beautiful hedge

• Cuteleier Z6 KS
    Original Author
    last year

@Diane Brakefield Well… this rose is really easy care. i didn’t fertilize or deadhead or trim. We do have a lot of rains in spring so i didnt even water them. They are doing their own things and i love it!

• rosecanadian
    last year

Holey Moley!! What a rose!! Whatever you're doing...keep doing it. :) :) Stunner!!

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

It's Kansas, and the corn and roses grow high. Diane

• Cuteleier Z6 KS
    Original Author
    last year

@Diane Brakefield Here is a pic of the hedge from a different angle.

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

It's even more gorgeous from this angle. I can't believe you didn't fertilize it. Diane

• rosecanadian
    last year

Diane - I can't believe it either!! It's truly unbelievable!!! And no fertilizer???

Cuteleir - you will be forever known as the Queen of Queen of Elegance!! :) :)

Cuteleier Z6 KS thanked rosecanadian
  • Diane Brakefield
    last year

Let's all move to Kansas. I'll get Toto. The deer struck today, and ate all the buds off one of my favorite roses (Rouge Royale) and many off all my roses in back. I sprayed every rose, but it's going to rain in a few hours. Cute, I'll bet you don't have herds of hungry deer to contend with--I hope not. I live in the desert hills outside of Boise, Idaho, where the deer roam (but no buffalo that I know of-ha). Diane

• oursteelers 8B PNW
    last year

Oh Diane, i just cant like that comment😩

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    last year

Those bad deer! I had deer at my old FL house but not like I do now up in the FL panhandle. They jump our back pasture gate and go up to the ponds and eat stuff along the way. So far, I've been planting most of the roses and my veggie garden up by the house between our goat pastures where our livestock guardian dog is and the house..this way if the deer come up here she starts barking & scares them off lol. I really want to expand the roses all around the property but I'm chicken the deer will devastate them lol!!

• rosecanadian
    last year

Diane - that is SO discouraging!! You've had a hard spring and now this. Rotten deer. They're so hard to deal with. Booo!

Sultry - thank goodness for your livestock dog...being outside all the time, she is a system that works for you. :) :) And the deer are limiting your area to plant in. :( :(

• Cuteleier Z6 KS
    Original Author
    last year

@Diane Brakefield Oh my! That must be very frustrating! Hopefully they will grow some new buds soon! Rouge Royale looks like a beautiful rose. Make sure to share some pictures when they bloom! We don’t have deer here, only rabits. They ate my clematis and vegetable sprouts to the ground.

• Cuteleier Z6 KS
    Original Author
    last year

@Diane Brakefield @rosecanadian

I started gardening last year. I got over excited that i bought more roses than i could handle lol…QoE is by far the most vigorous. This bed has black loam soil, fast drainage and all day sun. So it has a good start.

Colette is also doing great as a first year own root band. Raspberry cream twirl is pretty good too. The rest of the roses… some are ok and some are really struggling.

• rosecanadian
    last year

Cute - darn rabbits. I'm still amazed by your QoE.

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Colette is a favorite of mine and is one tough, fast growing rose. She's blooming now quite a bit, but the weather here is not fit for photography. We had hail twice today and pounding rain. I just want this spring to end. There are areas around here, where farming is big, that have the black loam soil. My step dad had his biggest farm on a dry, prehistoric lake bed. He could grow everything in that soil. Good luck with Colette. What else are you growing? I know Raspberry Cream Twirl is a favorite of a lot of people on the forum. I think you are going to have to protect your veggies from the bunnies. If they're just picking on a few things, you could try garlic powder sprinkled over the plants. Diane

Cuteleier Z6 KS thanked Diane Brakefield
  • rosecanadian
    last year

Diane - your Colette is fabulous...but then so are all your roses. Hang in there and maybe get a pellet gun for the deer. :)

• BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
    last year

@Cuteleier Z6 KS

That’s one fantastic looking hedge of Queen of Elegance. I grow QoE too, and I think its about the most healthy, vigorous and trouble free variety ever. I remember the video where the breeder Patrick Bedard was talking about Weeks’ possible new roses, and QoE was the one he was sure would make the cut. Now I know why…It could probably beat Knock Out for ease of care, plus it’s beautiful and fragrant.

Diane

I’m so sorry about your weather and deer! Yikes. We really can’t compete with nature sometimes.

Cuteleier Z6 KS thanked BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
  • rosecanadian
    last year

I have a new Queen of Elegance this year. It's still in it's nursery pot and it has about 3 blooms. :) :)

• rosecanadian
    last year

Diane - could you put bamboo canes cut small into the soil around your roses so that the deer are afraid of stepping in there? Probably a dumb idea. I just want to help so much...so not fair.

• Cuteleier Z6 KS
    Original Author
    last year

@Diane Brakefield Oh my....That sounds like a tough spring weather for the roses! Hope they didn't get any damage from the hail! We had a tough spring too. It goes to 90F One day then drops to 30F the next day. This spring has been overall cold. Some potted roses are just starting to leaf out. And thank you for the tip! I'll definitely try it on my veggies!

I love Colette too. It is pretty much perfect.

Last year I got Love Song, State of Grace, LIfe of the Party, Sweet Rose of Mine, Twilight Zone, Fun in the Sun, Fiji and QoE for grafted roses and QoE was the only one I planted in ground.

Own root roses I got Molineux, Lady of Shalott, Bathsheba, Princess Anne, Colette, Raspberry Cream Twirl, Eden and PiP Eden, Variegate di Vologna, Alchmist, The Impressionist, Lady of the Mist, Deelish, Abe Darby, Sister Emmanuelle, Viking Queen, Coral Dawn, Kiss of Desire, Crazy Love, Quicksilver, Florentina, Mme Dubost(accident), Pinata, Sally Holmes, Plum Perfect and PCDM.

This year I pretty much only buy own root roses. So far I got Alnwick, Mary Rose, PAoK, Carding Mill, Teasing Georgia, Strawberry Hill, Poet's Wife, Golden Celebration, Darcey Bussell, Tess of the d'Urbervilles, Emily Bronte, Kiss me Kate, Celestial Night, Summer Romance, Leonardo da Vinci, Sweet Mademoiselle, Arctic Blue, Red Eden, Portlandia, Louise Odier, Jacques Cartier and Louise Clements.

Geez.....That sounds like a lot.....No wonder why I've been digging holes all the time. Btw my friend also give me her Pompon Veranda.

• KittyNYz6
    last year

Love your Queen of Elegance!!! What a prolific grand & gorgeous bloomer! Cobgrats in your excellent gardening! I just potted my new Queen of Elegance. She’s oretty small so far-6 inches height! I am soooooo hopeful after seeing your ohotos!!! Maybe I’ll put her in a bed later on. I just love yours & gets soooo big! I’d like mine to grow like that. I’ll have to find sonething else to out in the pot!

Cuteleier Z6 KS thanked KittyNYz6
  • SoFL Rose z10
    last year

I got this rose last year and mine too does well in the heat. The blooms on mine are smallish but it’s very floriferous and disease resistant. The color is very unique too. Sort of a burnt deep pink.

Cuteleier Z6 KS thanked SoFL Rose z10
  • rosecanadian
    last year

Cute - it is a lot!! Welcome to the club. LOL My roses are almost all new roses this year. I bought 40 new roses!!

• Cuteleier Z6 KS
    Original Author
    last year

@KittyNYz6 I’m sure she will be beautiful in your garden! Sounds like you have an own root band? The ones in the pics are grafted. I ordered 6 own root bands hoping to replace the grafted ones when they get bigger. The bands are growing very slow. But it will be worth it!

• Cuteleier Z6 KS
    Original Author
    last year

@rosecanadian I know! I’ve no idea why this is so addictive…oh the excitement of receiving a new rose….What new roses did you get? I’m always curious about other people’s collections!

• rosecanadian
    last year

You want to know all 40 of my new roses? :) :) Okay. :) Let me know which ones you have that I have and we can compare them

Boscobel, Anne Marie, Beverly Anne Clay, Princess Charlene de Monaco, Margaret Merrill, Chandos Beauty, Portrait, Rosemary Harkness, Vineyard Song, Pink Peace, Chrysler Imperial, Sweet Spirit, Violet's Pride, Pearlescent, Wild Blue Yonder, Anastasia, Buxom Beauty, Charles de Gualle, Crazy Fashion, Rosemantic Pink, Sweet Delight, Augusta Luise, Blue For You, Comte de Chambord, Carole Bouquet, Crimson Glory, Sunsprite, Queen of Elegance, Lagerfeld, Iceberg, St. Tropez, Big Purple, Heirloom, Zephirin Drouhin, Broadway, Perfume Breeze, Blue Girl and Pink Promise. Ta da!! :) :) Most of them are bare roots and are pretty small. I got so many to replace the ones that I ruined over pH matters last year. What a mess. But, sometimes we have to start over.

• Cuteleier Z6 KS
    Original Author
    last year

@rosecanadian Wow! You have a great collection! I’ve been wanting to get Augusta Luise, Blue For You and Boscobel so bad!

• Cuteleier Z6 KS
    Original Author
    last year

@rosecanadian I have not yet. I mostly shop locally or Heirloom roses website. I’ll try to get it next year if i can!

• rosecanadian
    last year

Last year they had their preorder in the middle of summer...so keep checking. They sell out fast. It's a bit chaotic, but so worth it IMO.

• Cuteleier Z6 KS
    Original Author
    last year

@rosecanadian wow, I didn’t know that! I’ll definitely check their website often! Thank you so much!

• rosecanadian
    last year

You may not be thanking me when you see the disaster that happens when their system crashes again and again. LOL But, I can't get roses from the U.S. and I love Palatine roses...so I don't mind.