Black meeki

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Do it, they are pretty rare. Did the seller say where the catch location was?

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Never seen those, they look awesome

Reactions: dan518

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Thorichthys meeki delores rio mopan was the first and only black meeki that I personally have heard of.
They were collected 3 maybe 4 years ago by a guy from holland and another guy from Switzerland. More recently a French guy had been breeding them and a few became available.
Apparently you need a decent group as not all of them will turn black.I have not heard of black meeki from rio mamantel, but new thorichthys seem to be popping up a lot lately.
Certainly a nice fish and not very common in the hobby.I got a feeling they won't be cheap.
They are bloody nice though.

Reactions: mrrobxc

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
rio mopan are different from the Rio Mamantel both types have been collected and bred by the Dutch, from what I have read rio mopan tend to get black throats the rest of the body is lighter in colour then the rio Mamantel. Both types are suspected to come from the same line and then separated by geology, all this has been translated by Google though.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
That's interesting. Sounds feasible.
I have been hearing of a black pasionis rumourd to have been recently collected.Ive not seen any pics of them yet but they sound interesting too.
It probably won't be long before thorichthys sp corzo turns up in the hobby(if it hasn't already)
Exciting times.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store