need identification

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need help in identifying some material that was given to me and said to be "Burtite" from the Northern Territory possibly near tenant Creek.

I really like this material so would someone be able to give me a mud map so I can try to get some on my fossiking trip to the mainland next year or alternatively does anyone know where I can buy some?

1416540569_piece_1_front_shrunk.jpg
1416540541_piece_1_back_shrunk.jpg
1416540587_piece_1_detail_shrunk.jpg
1416540623_piece_2_-_shrunk.jpg
1416540676_piece_3_-_shrunk.jpg

It looks like some kind of moss agate. Intruiging-looking stuff. Sorry, don't know where you can find it or buy it though.

Contact Nathan March of Friendlyheart Gems from Cloncurry Qld Email [email protected].

Nathan has a supply of Burtite and regularly heads across the boarder to collect more.

Dughug said:
Contact Nathan March of Friendlyheart Gems from Cloncurry Qld Email [email protected].

Nathan has a supply of Burtite and regularly heads across the boarder to collect more.

Thank you so very much :) , I have been wanting more of this for ages and couldn't find anyone who had the faintest idea of how to get it whether it be in person or by buying it.

THANKS for the contact info will be emailing him shortly

Dughug said:

Now I know Fullerton's real name :) Will have to drop into his shop on my next northern outback adventure.

Good luck Lefty in finding Nathan a.k.a. :) Fullerton in a shop at the 'curry he trades on line.

Ah ok - just lives there? :) He posts some great pics of his fossicking adventures. I'll bet he's got a sweet collection of opals from the Winton area.

Latest posts