Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 00:12   #1
BHPian

Product Advice Needed - JBL P6563c

hello all
planning to purchase the above said product, so thought of asking you guys before I do it. In cochin i was quoted 13k by a dealer with b&w, and he said mrp is somewhere around 16~. This will be driven by gt5-a604, currently no amp upgrade on cards, in future i see a gto1004. current comps - 608c, which will find its place in rear. bit interested in this product.
cheers !
Old 7th May 2010, 10:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

It's a very neat speaker, treble is very mild compared to it's lower series siblings from JBL.
In fact it sounds bit muffled, it will in fact be culture shock after the GTO608C.
That amp is not really the right amp for it and even the GTO1004 I dont think can do justice to this speaker, look at an Infinity 4 channel amp at least or better still a Harmon kardon 4 channel or even a Focal Solid 4. Both the HK and Focal amps kill the 1004 in SQ by miles.
Old 7th May 2010, 10:41   #3
BHPian

yup ! Saw some reviews commenting like-entirely different from gto ! . will these both go fine i mean 6563c n 608c in rear? coz one is textile dome and other is metal dome, is that what you were mentioning as a - kind of muffled and culture shock . infinity i think i can look into , but focal 4 is out of my league. and can you mention the prices for both infy and hk. bit of googling showed me infy ref475a. is that the one you talking about? As of now I will put my P6563c into hold till i find a proper solution. thanks blueraven
Old 7th May 2010, 12:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

The GTO608C has to go out of the setup if the P6560C is coming in, the treble response is poles apart . I was refering to the reference 475a, The Focal Solid 4 has dropped prices in Bangalore, goes for a little more than the infinity 4 channel, so it's not so out of league I think. However I cannot post prices on the forum since I am a Dealer myself.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:50   #5
BHPian

Thanks, I will reconsider my plans! but you have put me into trouble again! if i kick my 608c i need one more pair and a better amp! budget stretched again. Lol. wondering what to do! or can you suggest me a 2 way or 3 way comps which goes well with the current setup! under 14k.. may be under 10k so that i can save some for a better amp or vice versa! thanks for the PM.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankkaj View Post
hello all
planning to purchase the above said product, so thought of asking you guys before I do it. In cochin i was quoted 13k by a dealer with b&w, and he said mrp is somewhere around 16~. This will be driven by gt5-a604, currently no amp upgrade on cards, in future i see a gto1004. current comps - 608c, which will find its place in rear. bit interested in this product.
cheers !
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
It's a very neat speaker, treble is very mild compared to it's lower series siblings from JBL.
In fact it sounds bit muffled, it will in fact be culture shock after the GTO608C.
Greetings Pankkaj,
The P6563C is a 3-way component with honestly beautiful sound and sounds completely delicious in the front and totally different from the GTO608 components.

If this is a self-driven car, you won't need anything apart from these in the front.
If it was me, I'd simply use that with a sub and use no rear fill. If you're keen on a rear fill here's what I suggest.

Use the 608 midwoofer without a band pass crossover. Meaning - use it with a HPF but let the entire highs come through the driver. Cut it off at about 80Hz and let it run all the way to the top and not very loud.
Alternatively if you insist on using the tweeter, alter the crossover in order to reduce the high-frequency response.

Did I just say all of that? ^^ lol
Old 7th May 2010, 19:57   #7
BHPian

Hi sam! I was waiting for you to reply..and there you are. first thanks.
My current rear fill is gto 938 which i need to change and i need a rear fill.
first part as using 608 midbass without xover and controlling via amp is fine.
tweeter part - i may not, because suggestions was there like both dosent go well. but altering the crossover part, can u explain a bit! u mean using capacitors? \
Is the amp really sufficient for 6563c? should i run it with the amp bridged? if so my rear has to be powered by HU. As mentioned by evo, the amp part..I am bit confused now. with prices of amps like focal 4 coming down. dont know what to do! grrrrrr
Old 8th May 2010, 12:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
... Did I just say all of that? ^^ lol
WOW! You ARE completely rejuvenated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankkaj View Post
... My current rear fill is gto 938 which i need to change and i need a rear fill....
Is the amp really sufficient for 6563c? should i run it with the amp bridged? if so my rear has to be powered by HU. ...
The 938 IS the rear fill. Why do you want to change it? If you don't have a rational reason - DON'T. Just run them off of the HU rear.

If you go loud only occasionally, you really don't need to bridge the amp to feed the 6563c. All the amps that @blueraven suggested can make the components go sufficiently loud.

What Sam was suggesting was to add the sub (4ch amp, front components on 2 channels, sub on the other 2 bridged), and perhaps go with the 608c components by making modifications - either leaving the tweeter out, or changing the cap in the XO.

Sam: someone needs to help @pankkaj with the likely values of the cap, so that he doesn't have to grope in the dark.
Old 9th May 2010, 00:44   #9
BHPian

938 mounted on rear tray, not happy with 938 firing from behind(when in back seat) even though system tuned somewhat well. want comps in the rear too. Me n my family do go loud occasionally. I have a sub and mono, so current amp i can spare two channels. alpine sws1243d and mrp m352. Now with all these, plans for upgradation seems mad. Coz I would be happy to install a new matching product offshelf than diy! (read some mad experience with diy home audio and no time now). can you help with some 3way components and prices? below 13~k. either matching with my 608c. or I will go for 2 pairs of any other 2 way comps.

thanks deralte

Last edited by pankkaj : 9th May 2010 at 00:58.
Old 9th May 2010, 01:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi pankaj,If you have planned then goahead with the 6563c its a full VFM components,it plays neat and sounds clean,only thing i would suggest you upgrade your amp asap as the 604 wont be able to provide proper juice to it below is how it looks:
Attached Thumbnails
Product Advice Needed - JBL P6563c-3wayjblsoundfactor1.jpg  

Product Advice Needed - JBL P6563c-3wayjblsoundfactor.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks