Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore City Fire Department
24 Engine 1990 Sutphen. Unit became RE 70 when 24 Engine was disbanded

Attached Files Image(s)

RE 70 xE24 1990 Sutphen became movie Engine for Ladder 49

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='RPbravest21FD' post='57149' date='Dec 8 2006, 11:50 ']I saw on Dunkirk, MD's Fire Department website that they bought a used Seagrave tiller of 1970's vintage that looks a lot like an old Baltimore tiller. Anybody have any information on this?[/quote]

That truck is a 1976 Seagrave that was assigned to the Eastport station of Annapolis City, MD Fire Dept. The Fort Meade, MD US ARMY base fire department aquired it as a reserve truck when Annapolis received it's new Pierce TDA. Fort Meade used the 1976 Seagrave as a reserve for a few months in 2005, but they way the Fire Chief there had aquired it violated Army regulations and they were ordered to return it to Annapolis City, which didn't want it back, so it was sent to the Dept. of Defense salvage yard, where it was purchased by Dunkirk.
Anybody know whatever happened to, or whoever bought the old 1973 Mack rescue?
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
[quote name='gravenut74' post='57207' date='Dec 8 2006, 15:46 ']Rescue 1 1993 E\-One unit is now Reserve Rescue 1[/quote]

Does anyone know why this rig was purchased painted in this color scheme? I've always wondered why it wasn't painted to match the rest of the fleet at the time.
The 1993 E\-One rescue was ordered just prior to the switch to white over red. The department wanted to go back to the more traditional white with red fenders/compartments. The red stripe on the cab was added after it was delivered. The city didn't like the way it looked, so they went with the white over red.
The Mack Rescue was last seen a few years ago in a storage lot down by Martin State Airport in Middle River, Maryland. It vanished and old Air Flex 2 showed up there that is now also gone. So as of right now it is MIA the original Mack rescue the B model was for sale on the SPAMMFA website then e-bay. Haven't seen it in a while
[quote name='gravenut74' post='57681' date='Dec 10 2006, 13:34 ']The Mack Rescue was last seen a few years ago in a storage lot down by Martin State Airport in Middle River, Maryland. It vanished and old Air Flex 2 showed up there that is now also gone. So as of right now it is MIA the original Mack rescue the B model was for sale on the SPAMMFA website then e-bay. Haven't seen it in a while[/quote]

Do you mean the L model Mack Rescue? I also saw it on ebay about a year ago. I emailed the winning bidder and asked him what he planned on doing with the rig. I never heard from him.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
I went down to Clinton, MD to see the old Mack L when it was on ebay, and it was in sad sad shape. The guy that was selling it was a volunteer chief at one of the other PG Co. companies and he said it was just too much for him to take on. I hope who ever bought it restores the old girl, but she needs major work. I wish them luck.

One of the old International Airflex wagons was sitting out back behind Violetville's station for a while. The last time I saw it there was about this time last year.
Engine 7 1983 Sutphen xE12 1OOO/5OO Inservice from 199O to 1991, unit sent to E52; Gleitsmann Collection

Attached Files Image(s)

I have seen just a few photos of BC rigs with this maltese cross on them (above). Was this just a one or two year logo? I would love to see a close up of this one if anyone has one. I would include it on my upcoming decal sheet if I can find it. Wonderful shots. Thanks for sharing with us. Rich
Truck 7 1954 American LaFrance 7OO xT16 1OO' TDA; Inservice from 1964 to 1974; went to RT5; Gleitsmann Collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Truck 19 1978 Seagrave PT 1OO' TDA Inservice from 1978 to 1984;to T23:Gleitsmann Collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Water Tower 1 1973 American LaFrance 1OOO/'77 Pierce 85' Snk Gleitsmann Collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 52

1948 Mack L85

75O/2OO

1948-1974

Gleitsmann Collection

Attached Files Image(s)

When Engine 52 wrecked their Ward LaFrance they had this unit for a short time;

Attached Files Image(s)

This is what it came back looking like;

Engine 52

1974 Ward LaFrance Cinc Cab/1987 Beavers