Cannon II debuffed for Advanced medium tank?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

marcelo r. r.

Field Marshal
11 Badges
Mar 26, 2019
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
wtf is this happening? for the advanced medium tank.,

1695520484554.png

for the improved model, its working fine.

1695520556276.png

I seem to have difference with medium tanks too. On Improved light and heavy, exactly what info bubble shows.
On Improved medium, SA/HA diverge:

1695521412275.png

Reactions:
I seem to have difference with medium tanks too. On Improved light and heavy, exactly what info bubble shows.
On Improved medium, SA/HA diverge:

View attachment 1025125
Mmm... Me being stupid again, the one man turret impacts main armament of course:

1695521554817.png

That was our mistake. But it seems all medium tanks (basic, improved, advanced) all start with 1 man turret, so at least this is consistent. Light and heavies simply have different starting turret.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Mmm... Me being stupid again, the one man turret impacts main armament of course:

View attachment 1025127

That was our mistake.
weird, that tooltip doesnt showed to me, or i really missed it. anyway its fine now...
thanks man, now i can have compatible breaktrough without expensive stuff.

i was crazy with improved too, because i was remembering that i didnt designed it with 32 sa but 28(compatible with pre-NSB SA), then is showing 32... its because i changed turret for better breakthroug and didnt look at SA.

• 1Like
Reactions:
weird, that tooltip doesnt showed to me, or i really missed it. anyway its fine now...
thanks man, now i can have compatible breaktrough without expensive stuff.

i was crazy with improved too, because i was remembering that i didnt designed it with 32 sa but 28(compatible with pre-NSB SA), then is showing 32... its because i changed turret for better breakthroug and didnt look at SA.
I made a similar mistake yesterday, when I had totally forgotten that armor can have a +20% or -20% impact on costs. Oh well, you never cease to learn with HOI4...

Reactions:
other then travel speed and overunning undersupplied enemies once they lose org and retreat, does speed make a difference to the actual combat itself? Is it better to have a 12 kp/h tank w/motorized then a cheaper 8kp/h tank just for combat?- and or does it make overunning enemies significantly easier

other then travel speed and overunning undersupplied enemies once they lose org and retreat, does speed make a difference to the actual combat itself? Is it better to have a 12 kp/h tank w/motorized then a cheaper 8kp/h tank just for combat?- and or does it make overunning enemies significantly easier
To combat itself its add nothing, speed is purely for maneuver.

i just reminded also i neglet air a lot, and enemy air superiority apply debuff to your speed, so 12km is reduced to around 10~6km.

But in multiplayer, a human enemy is more good at counter-maneuver, thats why multiplayer focus on atack than speed, u should be rather "unstopable" than "faster".

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Being able to surround your enemies because you can move 3 times faster then they can is a big deal for some things where its hard to defend like plains tiles or deset tiles. It doesnt matter so much if there are terrian penalties to movement like hills, mountians, marshes etc.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Being able to surround your enemies because you can move 3 times faster then they can is a big deal for some things where its hard to defend like plains tiles or deset tiles. It doesnt matter so much if there are terrian penalties to movement like hills, mountians, marshes etc.
Exactly. No advantage in combat, but ability to encircle enemy divisions and crush them is priceless.

• 2Like
Reactions:
No, it only matters if you break through the enemy lines.

Speaking of speed, 8kph is commonly considered enough for tanks because it allows you to accompany your tanks with 8kph, 4 IC mechanized 1 produced from early on into the game. Tanks + mechanized are way stronger than tanks + motorized, and making mech 1 for 4 IC is way more cost effective in combat than either using motorized or waiting until you get to mechanized 2 or 3.

Furthermore, it allows you to pick concentrated industry and keep all your production on basic mediums and mechanized 1 with full efficiency for the entire game. Making tanks and mechanized with concentrated industry and maximum production efficiency the entire game is going to mean you have several times more tanks than someone who cuts their production efficiency to upgrade to improved and advanced mediums and mechanized 3. And don't forget, those basic mediums can have just as much firepower as an advanced medium thanks to the modular nature of the tank designer.

Yes, faster tanks can outmaneuver slower tanks. But they are going to be equal or worse in combat, and slower tanks will mean more tanks. 10 fast tanks aren't going to beat 20 or 30 slower tanks.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The real trick with tank speed is whether your divisions go fast enough that a slightly broad front full speed advance overruns enemy infantry divisions. This often takes an advance of two or three provinces due to combat delays but if you are fast enough to do that then your divisions are fast enough. Being able to effectively overrun a section of front rather than having to execute multiple micro encirclements can be extremely effective in terms of achieving a strategic breakthrough that proceeds faster than the enemy can respond. The actual tank speed you need for this varies because of all the different bonuses you can get for speed. You can have recce company, general (and field marshal) with improvisation expert, army manoeuvre chief of army, spirit flexible organisation, multiple doctrines, some nation specific bonuses. As a result I have found it very difficult to establish what is the appropriate speed for tanks.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The real trick with tank speed is whether your divisions go fast enough that a slightly broad front full speed advance overruns enemy infantry divisions. This often takes an advance of two or three provinces due to combat delays but if you are fast enough to do that then your divisions are fast enough. Being able to effectively overrun a section of front rather than having to execute multiple micro encirclements can be extremely effective in terms of achieving a strategic breakthrough that proceeds faster than the enemy can respond. The actual tank speed you need for this varies because of all the different bonuses you can get for speed. You can have recce company, general (and field marshal) with improvisation expert, army manoeuvre chief of army, spirit flexible organisation, multiple doctrines, some nation specific bonuses. As a result I have found it very difficult to establish what is the appropriate speed for tanks.
Can I read in your comment that it's useless to pursue 12+kph tanks for this sole reason?